Chapter 1: Departure

Once upon a time, in a Yellow Kingdom, a queen got married to a king and gave birth to twins. The girl named Kagamine Rin and the boy named Kagamine Len. Both were born with a lot of expectations from the people and were blessed with the ringing of the church bells.

          That time, the kingdom was the opposite of prosperous. The two yellow majesties were laboring, making the people satisfied with their needs but everything they’ve done never worked.

          Time passed and the twin’s parents died of age. They didn’t cry though, they know they should never show weakness to the people they need to lead someday. While they were playing in the garden outside, the three elders were having a talk in the main hall.

          “So, who shall we choose?” Luka, a pink elderly of the Pink Kingdom asked leaning her head to a wall while both of her hands were crossed below her chest. “We can’t make them both rulers of this kingdom” Gakupo, the Purple butler said. “I’d choose Rin” Teto, a magenta elder of the castle said deliberately.

          Before the twins’ parents died, they were discussing who shall rule and who shall go abroad. This was one problem why the kingdom was chaotic. Every ruler should have a courier to help them with their decisions, and they didn’t have that. So they said, “When the twins turn 5, choose one and separate them”

          “I mean, it’s actually possible she’ll make the kingdom prosperous. Girls are sensitive and she doesn’t seem like the type to be abusive of her powers. Plus, she’s older” Teto said. “By seconds” Luka added. Teto ignored the comment and waited for other opinions. “I agree with Teto-sama on this one,” Gakupo continued “It is suitable for her. She has grace, she’s gentle, everything a queen needs”

          “And I guess Len has the brains and he does seem to love writing.” Luka said. The three of them nodded in agreement. “I guess it’s settled then” Teto turned from the two “I’ll go get the carriage”

          “Bye bye Kaito-nii” Rin waved sadly at Kaito, Rin and Len’s play mate who’s 3 years older making him 9. Rin was sad because Kaito said he won’t be able to go back because it’s his turn to rule the Blue Kingdom. Kaito gave her a smile and waved back. “Don’t worry Rin, I’ll come back”

          Rin put her hand down and looked at it sadly. “Don’t be sad Rin!” she heard a familiar voice. She turned her head and Len came hugging her. “I’m not sad Len!” she said, making the both of them smile. They both got interrupted by the sounds of wheels hitting the rocks on the soiled ground. They both looked at the carriage and still held each other’s hand.

          “Len, who’s that?” Rin asked like any other child would do. “I don’t know” Len said then noticed someone go down from the carriage “Oh, it’s Gakupo”

          They both watched Gakupo walk to them and his shadow tower them. “Good morning Gakupo!” the twins greeted happily but he didn’t greet back. “Len, I’m sorry, but we have to go” he said grabbing Len from Rin’s grip. But since Rin has fast reflexes, she used her two hands and held onto Len’s arm. “Where are you taking my brother?!” she asked and felt someone hold her from behind.

Luka Megurine.

          “I’m sorry young princess, but it’s your parents decision to make Len a courier for you” Luka said gently. “What?” Len and Rin said, quite shocked. “While they were ruling, it didn’t go out well because no one would approve or change their decisions. And since Rin is older, we decided she should rule the kingdom” Teto said appearing out of nowhere. “We’re sorry young ones” Gakupo said finally freeing Len from Rin’s grip. “No! Len! Don’t leave me!” Rin shouted reaching out her right hand to him, tears falling from her eyes. “Rin! Help me!” Len also cried, reaching out toward Rin over Gakupo’s shoulder.

          Gakupo placed Len in the carriage and Len quickly went to the window to look at Rin. “LEN!” Rin shouted breaking out of Luka’s hold but then got carried by Teto over her shoulder. “Rin, please be alright!” Len’s voice trailed away through hiks but none of the twins removed eye contact. “Come on Rin, let’s go back inside” Teto said gently, trying to calm her down. “Len, keep your head in” Gakupo said to Len and he sat down.

          “Please Len, this is for your own good” Gakupo said.

          “This is for both of your future” Luka said to Rin.

          “How is this even good when we can’t even be together?” They both answered them in their own place.    

        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

        Hey guys! How ya doing? Ok, don't think I just copied this story alright? I have an old account named KurokoTetsuna322 and I do not advice you to go there. It's full of corny sh*t there (sorry for swearinng but the Jenna virus got me) and I did a recreation of it here. So like every writer says: Enjoy! (even though I ight delete it before it ends)