Chapter 2: Living Apart

Rin’s  POV

          It’s been eight years ever since me and Len got separated and I wasn’t able to celebrate the eight birthdays with him. I’m thirteen now, and I’m not really sure if I’ll be able to see him again. And instead of going out to the garden, making things out of flowers, I just go straight to my room after lessons and sulk. It’s unlike for a princess to sulk , I know, but Luka said “Just don’t show hysterical emotions or improper emotions to other people” and the only place I knew where I’ll feel comfortable is my room.

          Oh how I miss Len. I feel destitute without the exultant laughter me and Len share. I feel destitute without Len’s fervent hugs and words that lights me up when I’m sad. I feel destitute without Len himself here. The kingdom has changed too, but not in a bad way or a good way. It has droughts but not everyone gets affected. Some of my subjects even start to despise me. Because instead of me leading the Yellow Kingdom, Luka and Teto is temporarily doing my job and they think I’m a disgrace to the kingdom.

I didn’t do anything about it though, who can protect me if the whole kingdom goes against me? So I just sit in my room alone and cry, praying one day, Len will return.

I buried my face on my knees and before I closed my eyes to rest, Len’s smiling image was the last thing I saw and went to sleep.

Len’s POV

          I’m currently having my lessons in Teto’s mansion but she’s back home with Rin. Oh how much I miss my sister. Her destitute exuberant self has made this place seem isolated.

          Do remove this loneliness, after lessons, I go out in the garden and write letters that can never be sent to Rin. It’s nice to write out in the open even though you know that there is a huge wall surrounding you and a single gate that couldn’t let you out without a key.

          The gentle wind that makes the leaves dance in the wind. The chirping of birds that reminds you of your mother’s humming before you go to bed. The soft grass that tingles your body when you lie on them, making you feel like you’re flying.

          I’m currently writing all these in the patio of Teto-sama. I’m actually amazed on how much letters I write every day, even Gakupo. If I calculated it correctly, I made 2919 letters and this is my 2920th letter. But since I can’t send these to Rin, I just bury these letters in a green, woven box. You think it’s a waste? It’s not. Because this is like talking to Rin, except that she’s not talking back.

          As I was burying my letter, I heard two birds mewling. I ignored it at first, thinking that they were just impatiently waiting for their mother to arrive with their food. I waited for a few more seconds but it seems like they’re not calming down.

          That’s weird, I said. I followed their sound and reached a part where their cry was louder. I looked down the bush and crawled through it and was surprised to see two yellow, injured chicks.

          “What happened to you both? Where’s your mom? Are you lost?” I asked them even though I know they can’t respond. They just chirped meaning I’m hungry. I got two berries from the bush and fed it to them. They both chirped happily and I smiled.

          “Len-sama! Where are you?” I heard Gakupo call out to me. I raised my head from the bush and ran to him. “Gakupo! Gakupo! Look!” I said quite excitedly, showing him the two chicks in my palm. “Oh dear, they look seriously injured” he said looking at them closer. “I was thinking if we could keep them” I said sadly, looking at the birds.

          “Of course we can” I looked up and saw him smiling “One of Teto’s maids must know where a bird cage was kept. Shall we ask, Young Master?” I nodded happily and hurriedly looked for the maid.

          “Whatcha gonna use the cage for young master?” The maid, also named as Magi asked. She’s also a magenta with a western accent. “For these two chicks, I’m planning to take them home with me” Len said holding the birds gently. “Yar gift for ya sister?” she asked and rolled the ladder to other parts of the dusty and old shelves. “Yes, she loves birds” Len said smiling.          “I love birds,” Rin said letting go of a blue bird. “Why is that?” Len asked. “They look so free when they fly! And they even get to explore the world!” Rin said happily.

          Len explained and at the same time got a flashback. “Well, she does seem like a nice person alright” Magi said going down from the ladder. “Well, here’s yar cage master” she handed a rusty cage to Len “Ya just need some wipin’ and cleanin’ and ‘ill be good as new”

          “Thank you, Magi” Len bowed and left the storage and headed for his room.

          After Len did all that was needed for the cage, he hung it on the upper frame of his window, letting the sun shine on its cages and reflect rays in his room. He looked at the cage again and saw two contented birds. He smiled and quickly got his feather pen and a paper.

          “Onii-chan! Onii-chan! Look! A turtle!” Len’s thoughts got interrupted when he heard a little girl shout. “I’m coming, I’m coming” a guy who seemed like a 16 year old said. Len looked outside the gates from his opened window and smiled at the sight.

          He remembered the time when Rin would always show hysterical emotions that makes her seem the younger one. Oh how he missed those days. He placed his crossed arms of the window sill and rested his chin on his arms looking at the moor in front of him.

          Before he closed his eyes, he saw Rin waving at him in the field and he finally slept.

Ebolo guys! So as I said in my old account before, I just made this inspired by a video. I pasted the link there and I think I'll be following that script ot the other one I'll post/paste. Just enjoy at the moment even though I might delete it before I finish it. *Jenna Marbles accent*