Chapter 6: A Rebellion

Snip. Len cuts his hair

Rin woke up to the sound of people shouting. She saw the folded clothes of Len but not hers. Wear this from Len it said and she followed

          Snip. Len cut his hair again

“Let’s all kill this renegade!” Meiko shouted and soldiers of Rin went to cover the gates.

The people abruptly rose to fight Rin and they were led by the “woman in Red armor” Meiko and “the prince of Blue” Kaito.

They both turned their heads and smiled at each other. “It’s nice to see people fighting for their freedom” Meiko said. “I’m doing this for Miku” Kaito said smiling his eyes closed. “READY YOUR WEAPONS!” Kaito demanded, raising his right hand up. “FORWARD!” Meiko pointed her sword toward the castle. The people ran forward and clashing of swords started.

Rin just took her last sip of her tea peacefully then she heard a feint chirp and a thud. She turned to look at the two birds and noticed the bird of Len died. She didn’t show any emotion thought, she kept a plain face and closed the windows and watched the people.

Bloodshed, dead bodies, clashing of swords, people running for their lives is what filled the place. Her servants have left the palace and escaped to their respectful countries. Now, she’s all alone.

Rin’s POV

          I watched my people fight with my guards. I heard a mewling chirp then a thud. I turned my head to see the bird of Len dead. A tear went down my face as I held the bars of the cage.

          I heard someone enter my room and it was Len. My eyes grew aghast when I saw him. It wasn’t Len that I saw, it was me.

          “Len! Why are you me?” I asked, not raising my voice. He just smiled and showed me a folded cloak. He pulled me into an embrace and whispered in my ear.

          “Wear these clothes and run to a country far away” He said and tears started to run down my eyes. “But what will become of you?” I said though sobs. “Don’t worry, we’re twins so they’ll never know” he wiped my tears, kissed my forehead and that was a cue for me to run.

          I didn’t even turn back

Len’s POV

          I stared outside and waited until Rin’s footsteps were vaguely heard. Please live, I prayed as I set the bird of my sister free.

          I heard a sword get sheathed behind me and when I turned, Meiko-nee was already there with Kaito.

          “You insolent fellow!” I said in Rin’s voice. “You’re coming with us” Kaito said and Meiko seemed a bit hesitant for a moment. “You look so much like Len” she said and I just gave her a smile.

          Once upon a time when me and Rin got separated, Meiko taught me all about swordsmanship and she loved me so much like I’m her brother. I feel guilty for making her kill me but I promised to protect Rin without fail and that’s what I plan to do!

I stood before a guillotine and faced the enraged people. “Cut her head off!” they shouted raising their weapons. “I’ll miss my sibling” I said and my head was inserted in the guillotine.

I looked up and saw the bird of Rin flying then I heard running footsteps in the crowd and it was Rin. I smiled at her but no one seems to notice.

The clock struck three o’clock and the church bells rang. “Oh, it’s snack time” and my head got cut off.

Rin’s POV

          I passed through the secret passageways in the castle to escape but I didn’t leave my brother. I went through the crowed and watched Len.

          He said the words I love “Oh, it’s snack time” and he died with a smile on his face. And here I thought, I could be able to protect him.

          The woman in Red armor and Kaito walked pass by me as I cried. “I’ll miss you dear sibling” I said in Len’s tone and ran away.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

        Ebolo guys! I'm sure it's not that sad but the video is. I'm an amateur alright? And thankgoodness I'm done with this! Wait, woah, first time I finished my story!