𝙝𝙖 𝙨𝙤𝙤𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙜

Heavy breathing, the slow beating of her heart, crickets. That's all Sooyoung could focus on as Jiwoo's voice faded. She wasn't talking, she couldn't find the words.

What was the point then? Why had she sent this if she didn't know what to say?

“First loves always hurt the most,” the redhead whispered “The first heartbreak is the one you always remember.”

Sooyoung sighed. This whole ‘coming to haunt you because you hurt me’ type of files she somehow sent to everyone, causing them to lose themselves in guilt were getting ridiculous.

Sooyoung wouldn't let herself feel guilty because Jiwoo was mentally unstable.

“Tell me about it.” she laughed.

The brunette had distanced herself from the group after Jiwoo died, turned into a more healthy environment. With people that made her happy. She didn't or ever wanted to know what Jiwoo spoke of in the files she sent her friends. She didn't care to know of ‘the truth’, Jiwoo could be lying again.

“I think, a part of me even if dead will always regret leaving you like that.” the redhead confessed “Though I never lied about loving you.”

“Yet you never treated me right.” Sooyoung thought to herself. She huffed in annoyance, playing with the ends of her dark hair.

They could've been the perfect couple, the one everyone was jealous of. A couple like Heejin and Hyunjin, both having so different lives yet being able to combine them perfectly. They let their love drive them crazy — though Heejin always set boundaries — take their time to fully trust each other, make sacrifices. Compromise.

Sooyoung and Jiwoo could've been perfect

“But you cheated on me—”

“But you never believed me—

Silence. Yet again. Jiwoo was completely unprepared when turning on her mic, she thought it would've been easier to talk to the love of her life about how much she hurt her. She did it with the rest of the girls. Why couldn't she do it with Sooyoung?

“The rumors, fake news, gossip. All of this, Sooyoung, was the only thing you were willing to listen.” Jiwoo said “Never did you give me a chance to explain myself about the things you accused me of doing.”

Her hand was shaking as she grabbed her phone from the ground. It's screen was shattered, it barely worked while Jiwoo rushed to unlock it.

She sniffled once putting the phone to her ear, desperately wanting the pain in her body to dissapear. Her stained flesh to burn, melt, anything to get the feeling of him touching her away.

“What the fuck do you want now, Jiwoo?” spoke the clearly pissed woman “Now that you hooked up and got it all out of your system you want to say that you love me and it's not what I thought it was?”

Jinsoul's laughter echoed in the background and Jiwoo couldn't help but break down in tears. It was all happening again, just like the time with the leaked pornographic videos that got her in so much trouble. Sooyoung never believed her.

“Please—”

Sooyoung hung up, rolling her eyes at the trembling voice of Jiwoo's. She was a very good actress, the whole world knew about it by now after her videos blew up on the internet

“You trusted what other people had to say about me,” Jiwoo breathed out “Their opinions were more valid than the truth. Right?”

The brunette clenched her phone, her head that was previously resting against the door now banging on it. She wanted Jiwoo's voice to stop. She wanted Jiwoo to leave her head, her memories. She wanted her gone. For good.

“You sat and made fun of me, joined the bandwagon of hate even when we were together.” the redhead sighed “You broke up with me because I was ruining your image. The bad girl, the hot girl, that had everyone chasing after her.”

Sooyoung hadn't asked about the bruise on under her eye, her legs that gave out after walking for more than a few minutes. She hadn't asked about her screams and cries every time she hid in the school's bathroom, the wails that nearly shook the whole building to the ground.

“It's the best for both of us.” was all she spoke when she told her they were over “I can't afford having a bad name because of you, you understand?”

Sooyoung hadn't asked about the tears constantly pooling in the girl's eyes, the voices that sounded inside her head. She hadn't asked about the fake smiles Jiwoo put on every time she was forced to to out.

The brunette didn't care.

“But—”

“I have to go.”

That's how easily she took back the three words she promised she had used sincerely.

“I love you, Sooyoungie.” Jiwoo whispered “We'll meet again soon.”

-kimwig