Chapter 7: "If I Fell"

Michelle made her way up to the flat door and knocked at it three times.  No one answered.  She knocked at it again and finally someone answered, and instead it was the cleaning lady, the lady asked her if she was a fangirl, she denied.  Then the cleaning lady asked her what she wanted, and Michelle told her that she was a friend to the Beatles and that they told her that they were going to help her on something very crucial.  Finally after thinking it over for a minute, the cleaning lady finally let her come in.

   She was finished tidying up the flat and rooms, and before she left the flat, she told Michelle that the four lads would return in fifteen minutes.  The door closed behind her, and Michelle went and sat on the couch silent.  And she looked over the pendants that were given to her.  One was an ocean wave, and one was a red rose.  Both were very beautiful and that she loved dearly.  Just as she was looking at her necklaces around her neck, there were footsteps.

  Michelle looked up surprisingly to see John.  He was wearing a black shirt, black jacket, trousers, and socks.  He looked up from looking at a newpaper and he lifted his head up,

"Well I see your back," he said.

"I learned--everything.  And I understand what you meant."  She said.

"And so you have.  Then you come back ere' for the Beatles.  I wasn't sure if you were ever going to come back ha ha." John chuckled scratching the back of his head.  He then came around and sat on the couch next to her,

"Me lads are off again at the diner with a couple of guards, they told me to stay back here and make sure the cleaning lady doesn't steal anything.  She's a bit fussy with us y'know?"

Michelle giggles.  John Lennon smiled,

"You've got a gift Michelle, and I think that gift is respect and kindness.  Has anyone ever told you that?" 

"No.  Not at all, and I'm very much pleased you said that.  Thank you." she said nodding her head also smiling.

For a second, when she looked to him, it was almost like he seemed comforting and benign.  She just couldn't take her eyes off of him, she shook her head,

"Sorry--er, I was in the zone, I just don't know if---."

"Hey, hey calm down.  It's, o'kay?"  John said softly.

Michelle looked to him silently, then she said,

"You're just...you're so---alluring.  And I don't know how to solve this problem...it's just your so---so---."

"Ugly?" John joked.

Michelle laughed, covering her facing looking away,

"No, not anywhere near that.  You seem so much more and---I don't know if I even want to go back."

John Lennon shook his head, "Your going back, whether you like it or not.  You understand yes?"

"Yes I know, I know, since you helped me it's just I felt like I've been leaving you out.  At the same time, I just feel attracted to you."  Michelle confessed feeling embarrassed.

He swallowed anxiously,

"Your from the future though!  You couldn't possibly think I'm that attractive."

"But I do," She said.

John looked to her dumbfounded.

"Because I fell in love."  

John Lennon breathed deeply he hummed a tune and then began to sing with meaning,

"If I fell in love with you, would you promise to be true? And Hel-p Meeee, un-der-stand, cause I've been in love before, and I found that love was more, than just...hol-ding hands____."

He stood up taking her by the hand, and began to sway, dancing with her, the side of his face against hers,

"If I giiiiiiive myyyy heaaaaarrt, to yoooou, I must be sure than the veeeerrrrryyyy starrrrt, that yoooou would love me more than heeerrrr.  If I truuuuust iiinnnn yoooooou, oh pleassse, don't run and hide, if I love yooooou toooo oh pleaaase, Don't hurt my pride like hers...."

   He stopped short of the song and he looked down to Michelle still swaying with her.  His beautiful made her entranced and mesmerized by anything in the world.  She had a feeling well up inside her unlike any of the other famous band members she's ever met.  Love.  How could it be love?  She needed to go back to her current time!  Although, maybe before she goes, she could still remember him.

  Michelle looked to John as they stopped swaying, she came in close to him with her arms around his neck.  He seemed curious himself of what would come next.  And to his surprise, he grew a feeling of love as well for her.  He slowly kissed her on the lips, she kissed back, they were both making out.  When they parted from the kiss Michelle exhaled and looked to John opening her eyes.  They both remained silent for five seconds, then Lennon chuckled sheepishly.

   Then with out further a do, John whispered something into her ear, something secretive.  She looked to him afterwards,

"To remember you..."

"I would remember you the night before.  Hell, I'll even write a song about it, though no one would be able to know." John explained.

Michelle kissed him again pulling him down on the ground.  He laughed anxiously, he struggled speaking quickly,

"Wait, wait, WAIT!  Not here!  My lads are coming back, come into my room."  She held his hand as he took her into his bedroom and closed the door behind him.  

By the time Paul, George, and Ringo arrived back into the flat looking for there friend.  The first to discover that John was in his room with a girl, was George, he mouthed to Paul what was happening with John and Paul walked over and said,

"The future girl?"

"Yeah, she's in there with him."

"But if she goes back she'll be----."

George nodded his head,  "Yeah.  Consequences but, only she and him will know."

"Bugger...always going for the bird's lennon is." Ringo says.

"She's REALLY from the future?" Paul asked.

"She doesn't look like any other girl I've ever seen.  Her clothes, her hair, her shoes, and fancy things.  That's something we don't have in our time...that's from the future." George Harrison says.