Chapter 6

~Jo

        After I leave Capri's house I take a long walk around the neighborhood, still processing how I could possibly get so angry. I've never snapped like that before and to be honest, it felt really good to get my anger out instead of holding it all in. Dyson would be happy for me, he's always telling me I need to let my frustration loose every once in a while.

        Speaking of Dyson, what did Greyson tell him. It seemed to absolutely terrify him like nothing else I've ever seen. My best friend is always so calm, relaxed, and collected, however when Greyson said what he did Dyson just went ghostly pale.

        Dyson refuses to answer any of my texts, he won't tell me what was said to him and the curiosity in me is burning through. That's when I decide to ask Greyson, he'll know of course, he's the one that said it. Only problem is that I don't have his cell number. I do, however, have Kyle's. Kyle is the school's blackmailer, con-master, and know-it-all. Typing in his number he answers by the third ring, "hello?"

        "Hey Kyle. Listen, I need Greyson's phone number," my face screws up in slight embarrassment. I've never had to ask Kyle for something, I only have his number because literally everybody I know does. We're not really friends but we hang out in the same group.

        "I gotta go," he says quickly before hanging up. This dumbfounds me, he never answered the question. Why does everybody seem to hate Greyson, what has he done that is so bad I need to stay away. Fishing through my pockets I find four dollars in change and decide to head off to Tim Hortons.

        "I'll have a hot chocolate please," my regular order here, other than Iced Capps, but I can't order one of those because it's a strangely cold day. I wait for about three minutes until it's done and I go to grab it. I fish some toonies out of my pocket to pay but don't have the chance before a five dollar bill is slapped on front of me.

        "Let me pay, then we can talk," Greyson smiles cheekily before grabbing our beverages and starting to walk to a window table.

        "What makes you think I want to talk to you?" my voice is teasing.

        "I want to talk to you, please?" he gives a small smile, I notice he's pretty cute. I cave in and find myself following him to a table with two seats. I can't drink any of my hot chocolate yet because it's so hot and will burn my mouth.

        "What did you say to Dyson when you left my house?" I blurt out suddenly. Not able to hold my tongue anymore, I'm surprised by my sudden outburst, Greyson seems to be too. "Like, what did you tell him," I ramble in embarrassment. I am certain that my cheeks are a bright pink by this point.

        "Listen Jo, I want to tell you. I can honestly say, for some reason, I don't want to keep things from you. I don't really know you, even though it might be nice to get to know you. However, I can't tell you what I said, that's Dyson and Capri's job. I don't have the right to say it for them, it's better for everybody if they tell you," Greyson answers, his voice seems different than usual. Soft, genuine, but there are a couple things in the words he said that catch my attention.

        "Wait, 'they'? As in both Capri and Dyson?" I can't help but feel as if something is going on here and I don't appreciate being left in the dark. Greyson nods in confirmation to my question. "Oh my gosh," a surge of anger shoots through me as I realize how much they've been keeping from me. "I have to go," quickly standing up I grab my coffee and thank Greyson. "Thank you, really. But I have to go," he stops me before I get a chance to leave.

        "Wait! You owe me something?" this causes me to freeze and look back in horror. What have I done? "Don't worry," he assures me, "it won't be bad."

        "W-what do you want?"I gulp rather loudly and my panic levels are rising. I don't exactly trust Greyson and I completely feel like he is going to abuse the favour.

        "I'll tell you later, and I promise it's not bad. I wouldn't do anything bad to you," with a sincere smile he leaves me. It takes several seconds to regain my senses after that, since I'm not really sure how to react. So I simply push it off into the far corners of my mind and head off to find Dyson and Capri.

        My two best friends are keeping big secrets from me and that's not okay, if they can't tell me then I'll have to find out no matter what. If there is one thing I've never done to them it's keep a secret and it really hurts that they'd keep a secret from me.

        Then the most random thought comes to mind as I take a sip from my hot chocolate, did Greyson say he wanted to get to know me?