How to Defend-Chapter 9✔️

There are twenty-four hours in a day, sixty minutes in an hour, sixty seconds in a minute. All the time in the world and I didn't have time to listen to the bullshit that came out of the detective's mouth.

"There was no hard evidence to pin to any suspect." He said, his cap laying low and loosely on his head, enough to cover just his eyebrows.

"We're going to keep looking." He said. He was nonchalant about the whole thing which was why I knew it was bullshit. They never do shit.

My house is a crime scene, I can't even go there I don't even know when I can go back, so I've been staying with—guess who—Devin.

I had never seen his house because he was at Derrick's house, constantly. I thought he lived there honestly, but he doesn't.

His house is small, but big enough for him, because he does live by hisself.

"When did you move in here?" I asked him, my blanket covered legs crisscrossed with a bowl of ice cream in my lap.

"As soon as I turned eighteen." He said blankly, his voice kind of raspy from tiredness as he looks at the television, slowly switching the channels. I stared at him, turning my body to face him and uncrossing my legs.

"How old are you?" I queried, narrowing my brows at him in interest.

"Nineteen."

I hum at his answer, turning back to the television.

"You going to the party?" Devin asked me, pausing the television and looking at me.

"What party?"

He sighed and told me about the small barbecue that his dad was having. Gladly, I declined.

Devin's dad, Elliot, is worst than Derrick, which is obvious because that's who Derrick learned to be an asshole from.

Devin shrugged his shoulders at my response, uttering, "So when are you going back to your house?" I shrugged my shoulders back at him.

He put his hand on my thigh, to which I bit my lip too.

"You can stay as long as you want." He muttered, scooting closer to me and laying his head in my neck.

I could feel his breath on my neck and I blushed, putting my ice cream on the table beside me.

The feeling of his lips against my neck sent desire running down my veins, my toes clenched at the sensation.

He kissed my neck as if he was kissing my mouth and I couldn't resist bringing his lips to mine. His hand slid higher until it reached my warm lower lips, rubbing them with ease.

Within a quick second, Devin's warm body was ripped away from me. I had no time to react as the blond headed boy punched him, repeatedly, Devin's tall body falling to the ground. Devin fought back, punching Bret against his jaw before covering his face with his forearms.

"Stop!" I yelled, kicking Bret in the back, "What the fuck are you doing?" I screamed, pulling his arm and pushing him away.

"What the hell, bro?" Devin said spitting out blood to the side as Bret recoiled away from him, his green eyes looked black.

Bret looked at me, "The fuck were you doing?" He grabbed my arm, tightly, might I add. "You're mine." He said, pulling me out towards the door, his blonde hair in a ponytail. How did he even get in here? Never mind that was a stupid question, he's a professional kleptomaniac.

"Not anymore." I jerk my arm away from him, angrily, continuing with, "Who do you think you are? You-you trespasser! I'm calling the police." With much anger in my body, I grab the nearest phone, which happened to be Devin's, and dial the number.

"Now, we both know that's not a good idea." Devin himself said holding his mouth as he held his other hand up to reach for the phone. He was right there are enough drugs in here to give us life in prison. I run to Devin's side, dropping the phone on he couch, meanwhile, Bret stood tensely at the door. He was silent as he surveyed Devin and I.

"Why'd you do that?" I yell at Bret as Devin pushes me off.

"Leave." Devin said, standing up on his feet, rejecting my help.

"Leave!" I shout at Bret, throwing a couch pillow at him.

"Both of you." Devin glares at us, walking to his bathroom and slamming the door. In shock, I stare at the bathroom door.

"Come on." Bret demanded, finally saying something.

"Fuck you! I have nowhere else to go!" Grabbing my phone and my charger, I didn't bother to grab anything else, I shove my way passed Bret and walk out the house.

Bret followed behind me, clenching his hand around my wrist. He then proceeded to tell me that I was going to him, which resulted in me slapping his red face.

Tears flowed down my face, "How fucking dare you?" I couldn't even process clearly what was going on. How'd he even know I was here?

I turn on my heel and walk down the sidewalk, not looking back.

———

hmm...um okay——> time for me to exit.

Wait before you leave, hit the star and leave a comment, ask questions——such as—->

When is the next update?

Why do you post so randomly?

Etc.

What do you guys think about Bret?

Team Devin or Team Bret?

Do you guys like Berkeley or y'all think she needs to chill?

Let me know...or don't.

Feedback does help though, some of you guys read and don't think to leave feedback<<——it is much needed.