Chapter 20

A year later

Katie's pov:

It had been six months since Calum had gone on tour and I had missed him more than anything, but today was the day he was due to arrive back.

It was 6pm and I was waiting for Calums flight to land. I was scrolling through my twitter feed when I got an incoming Skype call from..... Calum??

I answered and he popped up on the screen "Hey babe I'm really sorry but my flight was cancelled so we have to wait 12 more hours for another flight". "So you won't be home today" I whispered.

He shook his head sadly "No but I'll be home tomorrow night okay?". I nodded, I know that 24 hours might not seem like a lot but I had been waiting for this day for six months and now he wasn't even arriving until tomorrow.

I sighed and hung up before I could start crying, I turned around to face everyone "His flight got cancelled he won't be home until tomorrow evening" I explained and they all gave me sympathetic smiles before heading outside to get into the car.

When I arrived home to Cal's and my flat I collapsed on the couch and started to silently cry, I just wanted to see him, to cuddle him, to hear him say 'I love you' in person.

I started to dry my tears and that's when I heard it, someone strumming a guitar in mine and Cals bedroom.

I walked into the room but stopped in my tracks when I saw MY Calum sitting on a picnic mat illuminated by candles and surrounded by rose petals, with an acoustic guitar in his hands.

I leant up against the wall and took in the sight before me as Calum started singing......

*insert Close as Strangers here*

When he finished he stood up and walked towards me. He brushed a strand of hair out of my eyes before taking my hands in his. "Hey beautiful, miss me?" he whispered. "More than anything in the world" I whispered resting my forehead on his. He just smiled before pressing a kiss to my lips.

After we broke apart he had a goofy smile on his face "Miss Dempsey would you care to accompany me on an indoor picnic?". "Always Mr Hood". "Please call me Calum, and I'll call you mine".

"I wouldn't have it any other way" I smiled.

"Would you like some macaroni to go with all that cheese" Ashton smirked leaning against the doorframe.

Calum threw a pillow at him "Get out" he whined.

Ashton laughed and after we heard the front door close Calum muttered "God I hate that guy".

"No you don't you love him".

"No I love you".

"I love you too Cal".

"Forever?".

"Forever and ever babe".

---

Yay double update! you should be proud of me! anyway the epilogue is next and then I'm finished! Thanks for reading! Thank you to my best friend grace @5sos_ashgirl for writing this for me!