Chapter 3

Jay POV:
"Haha! Run!" I yelled as my best friend Carlos and I snagged a large broomstick from the shop. We made our way to one of the small streets off the main road and stopped to take a breath.

"Good one, C. Now we just gotta get a human tear!" I patted my boy Carlos on the back. He nodded his head.

Carlos is my best friend. He has been with me since we were 7. Curella De Vil is his mother. We steal together and joke around. He's kinda like my brain. He doesn't know it yet but I have a huge crush on him. Dating isn't really welcome on the Isle. Especially gay couples. So I try to hide it by being known as a playee. Makes it better.

"Yea where are we gonna go to get that? No one really cries here?" Carlos asked confused.

"You mean other than you?" I joked and Carlos hit my chest. We laughed it off for a while before getting back to thinking. "Babies! Babies cry!" I said getting into the headspace.

"Yes! Let's take candy from a crying kid and take their tears!" Carlos agreed looking around to find a child.

"Why can't we just scare them?" I asked confused on why we needed to take candy.

"Because the candy is for me. I'm hungry." Carlos answered still looking in both directions to find a child.

He looked so good. His hair was getting longer and his jawline was showing more. He was gaining some muscle which was new since he is a lanky kid. He looked very handsome.

"There's a kid with a lolly pop! Let's go." Carlos pointed out snapping me out of my trance. I shook the thoughts from my mind and followed him to the blonde girl who looked about 3-5.

Carlos stuck his tongue out at the kid and took the lolly pop from her. When he did the child started crying straight away.

"Quick the flask!" Carlos held out his hand for the rusty glass object. I quickly gave it to him. He held the flask to the child's face and took in all the tears that were streaming out of her eyes. There were a lot of tears for a lolly pop.

After a bit, Carlos took away the flask and screwed the top. He popped the lolly in his mouth and turned to me.

"Let's get this to our parents." He said taking a road down town to get to Maleficent's castle. I followed after him quickly.

Soon we got to the giant castle that belonged to Maleficent. It wasn't a friendly place and I found it quite creepy but I couldn't say that.

When we made our way inside, we were met by my father, Jafar, the Evil Queen and Curella De Vil.

"Ahhh Jay do you have what I need?" My father asked walking up to me. I nodded and handed over the broomstick. My father smiled at the broomstick. Then turned around and walked back to the others.

Im so glad we got it right. I really didn't want to be beaten again. When I defy my father he beats me with whatever he can find and if it isn't his, he will steal it. I've already been beaten 4 times this week and it's only Wednesday. I didn't want it again.

"Carlos dear, the tears?" Curella called for her son. Carlos, who is scared of his mother, quickly ran forward, passed the flask to her and ran back to behind me. Their relationship is very trippy but he never talks to me about it.

Our parents went back to ignoring us so we took this time to quickly slip back out. We made our way up the street to my house.

My place is larger than most. It's walls are covered with unnecessary shiny frames and there's silver and gold objects scattered everywhere from when my father and me steal. We sell some of it at my fathers shop but usually it's kept here because my father is a hoarder.