I Think It's Her, What Do You Think?

I Think It's Her, What Do You Think? by JEP
---------------------------------------------

I had this experience just recently (less than a month I think).

Since I am working during graveyard shifts, I am home during the day with everyone in the household awake and busy. Just a month ago, our eldest sister left 2 of her kids to my mom and I cannot stand my nephews running around the house playing, whining or whatever they are doing (maybe that's because I am the youngest in the family and never had kids around until now). I think the kids are too noisy, I can't sleep in our house, so I opted to stay in my cousin's house located just next to ours.

I'll give you a background of this house. It's not an old house maybe around 10 years since built and owned by my cousin and his family. It has two rooms, one for the couple and one for the kids. It's just a small house so whichever room you are in it is easy to see or hear what is happening in the other rooms or parts of the house.

About two years ago my cousin's wife was diagnosed with cancer and after a year battling the cancer she died. It was a really emotional death because until she died she kept saying she could not leave her kids behind (especially because there were four kids. Two the age of four and two the age of seven 7 years at that time). To support and help her, her family who are superstitious, even offered a black pig and a black chicken to the spirits (they believed the spirits would heal her). While her family did all this, we (relatives on her husband's side) always went to miraculous shrines and churches since we are full pledged Catholics. But still she died. Right after her death my cousin and his kids left the house to our care and even arranged to sell the property to us.

So I was confident using the house and was happy because it was quiet and peaceful and there were no kids there. I sleep in their kids' room but the master's bedroom is just next door.

The first days were good, until one day, I woke up at 3PM I think, because I heard someone in the other room. It was as if someone was making the bed, arranging the pillows, or whatever. I thought someone was using the bed my mom mainly. Maybe she got tired of the naughty kids as well and took a nap in the other room. When I asked her later she said no, she never went to the other house that day. I laughed at it joking "maybe Abbie is in the zone". (That's my cousin's wife's name here).

The next few days, I had this feeling that I was not alone in the house. Sometimes I would wake up hearing someone in the kitchen doing the dishes, walking around the house, opening and closing the fridge, things like that. Again my mom said she never went to the house neither did my nephews. Another thing, there were times that the house smelt really bad (I know it smelled just like when Abbie was dying... I cannot compare it to any other odors, it's just distinctly so bad). So, even my mom checked around for dead rats or garbage, I knew there was nothing she could find.

The last thing that made me come home and stop sleeping in my cousin's house was when I went to our house to get something but did not lock the house. When I came back, I could not open it. I could turn the knob around but it wouldn't budge, it's was as if a really huge furniture was barred in the other side that stopped the door from opening. I called my mom; she called one of our neighbors and tried to open it thinking that the knob was broken. They could not open it. So I said "ok, I'll try the window". Just as I entered the house through the window, my mom shouted to me that the door had opened.

We had someone check the knob to see if it is was broken, he said no.

So what do you guys think about this, is she still in that house. If she is, I think she does not welcome us there, although "she" does not hurt us physically. I want to hear your thoughts.