Agnosia

A family of three, a mother, a father, and their young son, are driving home through the night. The mother is discussing what they should have for dinner, considering various types of fruit. She looks behind her seat, smiling at her son, but before she can finish, the whole car is forcefully shoved to the left.

The father didn't know what was happening as they flailed around the car, glass from the Windows caving in and giving way to the outside world, they were crashing and slamming into everything. A frenzy of screams and erratic agony blaring towards the back of the car, leaving the son as the deer in the headlights towards everything.

The car comes to a crashing halt, the son still conscious.

"Mom..." He whispers, his eyes wide open, letting all the innocence, happiness, and sanity pour out in streams of clouds, floating into the front of the car.

No answer, not from his father either. He jumps to the front, ready to aid if needed, but what's happened to them is far beyond his help.
His parents died in the car crash, and obviously suffered greatly. Their bodies were reduced to disfigured piles of meat and bones, and their son was the first to get a view of it, and practically had front row seats to see the grim reaper claim their lives.

The son's mind was left in a state of fubar, and he developed a horrifying case of agnosia. When he saw other human beings, he saw large, disfigured, grotesque man eating monsters. He was now unable to eat many types of fruits, claiming that they reek of toxins.

After a few weeks of living with his mind a permanent swirl of insanity, he meets Cheryl. From the moment he meets her by a fountain, he is in love with her. From her long, rich, brown hair, all the way to her deep black boots. Cheryl's luminescent green eyes lock with his, and instantly, there is a connection.

One day he finds her by the river, eating fruit off the ground.

"Can I have some?" He asks, quietly blushing with anxiety.

Cheryl nods her head, smiling that same gorgeous masterpiece she smiled when she first met him.

He smiles back, completing the connection they had made with their eyes before happily digging into the fruit, juicy food never tasted so good to him. People begin shrieking, calling for anyone that could handle the situation.

As he bites down on the fruit, a familiar feeling of depressing nostalgia washes over him, a drop of the juice drips to the floor. When it splats, the world slows down, and he sees a streak of red shoot through the juice, a deep Crimson color. He feels as if a window was cracked, and for a split second, he swears he saw Cheryl's shadow was much larger, and a finger falling from his grasp, But in the next second everything returns to it's normal state, and he dismisses the vision, continuing to devour the food with the love of his life.

An elderly woman, out of terror, dials 911 for help.

"What's the emergency?" Asks a 911 agent.

"Down, by the lake, th-there's a huge monster and a teenage boy!", she shrieks, her shaky hands nearly dropping the phone.

"A monster?"

The woman over the phone pauses to think about the situation.

"What are they doing?" She calmly asks.

The Elder's eyes widen, confusion and disorganized madness swirling through her brain, and her very soul. As the words slowly seep out from her throat and scratch against her teeth, she feels a freezing breeze flow by her, as if someone was calling her name.

"They're eating a corpse."