Chapter Four

Chapter Four: (edited Dec 5 2014)

When I awoke again, Sasha and I felt instantly rejuvenated. She wanted nothing more than to run to find Jasmine. In addition, Naomi. It was dark outside the station, so I assumed that it was closed. I walked out of the room, to see Mr. Borgin. I was about to greet him, when I saw a woman with him. They were kissing. Like totally making out. I wanted to vomit but instead I tried to creep inside...when the floor creaked.

The two broke apart and Mr. Borgin grinned, sheepishly. "Sorry, Skye. You've met Ms. Frank, briefly." He moved away from the ancient woman who had an angry expression on her wrinkled face.

With a leathery voice, she croaked, "You let this little girl stay here but not me?"

"Not at all, Mabel. You see-"                               

However, the woman cut him off, a glint in her eyes that reflected the moon. "Are you having an affair with her?" She asked, dangerously.

"What?" Borgin asked, his eyes wide, "I was just helping her! Her parents died and she was alone!"

"A likely story." Mabel hissed, pointing a bony finger at me, while I stood there speechless. "She is taking advantage of you! My third eye sees through her annoying lies. Like the one she told that Officer, back in New Brunswick!"

"H-how did you know about that?" I stammered, not even denying it.

Before she could answer, there was a long, mournful howl, to the south. It sounded a bit familiar. The devil woman saw my astonished expression and cackled. I swear, she sounded like a witch! "Miss your pack, Wolf?"

"I don't have a pack." I murmured before I could stop myself. I clapped my hands over my mouth and with wide eyes. I glanced at Borgin who had an expression I had never seen before. "I..."

"You are a wolf?"

"What do you mean?" I asked. I was truly confused by then. Clearly, I was not a wolf.

"A werewolf?" He squinted at me as though he needed glasses. "She told me about your kind. Savages who murder in their sleep." He growled. "Why didn't you tell me? You wanted to have yet another victim. Did you murder that cop too?"

Every word he said, cut through my heart, so realistically, I actually wondered why I had not died. "No! I do not kill people! I just...." Tears slide down my face and into my throat, closing it so I could barely speak, and “...Want to find my sister..." I whispered. Then I had an idea. I turned to Mabel, wishing my eyes were pleading, "You have the Third Sight...yes?"

Her nose twitched, "Of course I do, and you fool! Why would you even ask me that?" She crossed her arms and stared at me, her eyes blazing.

"Please...help me. My sister ran off a week ago and I can't find her...Please can you find her for me?" Every bone in my body seemed to pleading with her somehow. My hand joined together in front, my legs buckled and I fell, kneeling, with my head bowed.