Us girls gotta stick together

Flashback

"So, I was thinking

"So, I was thinking." Jeff grabbed my hand once we entered the cafeteria. "We should have a date night."

"Yeah." I laughed a little. "I think I could make time for you."

"Ouch, babe." His eyes drifted off to the side. "Isn't that Hannah?"

"Yeah, why?" I turned to look at her.

"Clays in love with her." He shrugged his shoulders. "But, you already knew that."

"I've been telling him to ask her out, but he won't listen." I noticed she was looking at a couple. Jess and Alex.

"Maybe I could talk to him." Jeff offered, but I was still looking at Hannah. I remember them all being close friends, and now it seems like she's left out.

"That'd be great, babe." I kissed his cheek before heading towards Hannah. "Hey."

"Oh, hey." She gave me a small smile. "I haven't talked to you since the party."

"Yeah, I'm a busy girl." I walked on the other side of her.

"I should have said something sooner, but I didn't." I raised my eyebrow at her very vague sentence. "I heard that you punched Justin because of that picture." She looked ashamed.

"No problem, us girls gotta stick together." She laughed. "But, I'm pretty sure I told you to get better friends." I pointed over to Alex and Jess, who suddenly looked this way.

"Oh my god." Hannah looked away, embarrassed that they caught her.

"You need to grow some." I sighed. "Can we help you?" I asked the couple that sat on the other end of the cafeteria.

"Nikki." Hannah grabbed my arm at the same time Alex shook his head no.

"Then stop staring." I snapped.

"Now, everyone's looking at us." She begins to walkways.

"Not so fast, Hannah banana." I rushed to catch up to her with Jeff hot on my tail. "You need to lot let them get to you," I told her once we entered the hall.

"Babe." We both looked at him. "Maybe Hannah didn't want you to do that."

"I-Uh- it's fine." She tucked some hair behind her ears.

"You need some confidence." I smiled. "And I'll be glad to help."

"Really?" She looked so happy. "I mean, you'd want to be my friend?"

"Sure." I shrugged. "I'll text you sometime." I quickly wrote my number down and handed it to her.

"Okay." She smiled before walking away.

"That's was nice of you." Jeff wrapped his hands around my waist.

"I'm always nice." My hands went to his biceps.

"Sure." I smacked his arm, causing him to laugh.

"Maybe now we can get her and clay together."

"I like the way you think." He leaned down and kissed me.

"Me too, baby." I patted his chest before walking off to my next class.