Chapter 1

Chapter 1:

Here I am, sitting in this pub in a foreign city. How I actually convinced myself to go ahead and do this, I have no clue. Being 19 years old, I've never really traveled alone with no one waiting for me on the other side. But here I am, in Ireland all by myself sitting at the bar in a pub.

My two best friends, Alex and Brianna, had thought it would be fun to go on a big trip together this summer. First we'd spend a couple weeks in France, then in England. I had been all for the plan, it sounded like a ton of fun. But unexpectedly, I bought a ticket to go to Ireland on this past Sunday, instead of France. Brianna and Alex were shocked, but I told them I was just going to spend a week there, then meet them in France for a week and we'd all go to England together.

So now its Monday night and I am spending my second night in Ireland in this pub. I'm glad that the drinking age is 18 here, because I'm not sure what else I'd be doing in Ireland when its nearly 12 am.

I sighed and checked my phone. Brianna had texted me to go flirt it up with an Irish hottie. Of course I laughed at this, which was just great. I'm alone at a bar laughing to myself. And Alex, being the wonderful directioner she is, has told me to go find Niall so that she can meet Zayn and make magical babies with him. This is why Alex is my best friend, the countless hours we've spent with her obsessing over Zayn and me over Niall. I'll admit it, I knew Niall was home in Mullingar for a few weeks this July. So maybe that's what intrigued me to go to Mullingar of all places in Ireland.. But that's what I did.

The music was turned up as midnight came around and the lights were dimmed even further so that it was quite dark and misty, aside from the lights above the smaller tables and the tiny dance area. There were a lot more people coming in now, a lot of them around my age too. I took a drink of my beer and blushed as I noticed that there were a few guys checking me out. I sighed again and looked up, staring at 2 guys who looked vaguely familiar. They were on the other side of the square bar ordering drinks. I glanced back down at my drink when I saw that one of them was standing up, holding a glass in his hand and pointing at me while he whispered into his friends ear, who was still sitting at the bar. I slightly glanced around to make sure the seats next to me were still empty.

I looked back up to see that the guy who was seated was still staring at me, making me blush. I brought my glass up to my lips, taking a long drink as I stared at the guy. I squinted a bit, knowing that I looked stupid but I could barely see across the bar with all of the bottles lined up between us. I sucked in a gasp as I realized who I was staring at.

The boy who pointed at me? Sean Cullen. And the boy staring at me? Niall fucking Horan.