Chapter 4

Chapter 4:

After our first date, it was as if Niall and I were inseparable. We ended up spending everyday together and on Thursday I decided I wasn't ready to leave. Not only because I didn't want to leave Niall, but I wanted to see more of Ireland. I was supposed to leave that Friday to meet up with Brianna and Alex in Paris, but I decided to stay in Ireland the extra week, and just meet them in England the following Friday.

I still hadn't told any of my friends or my family that I had been dating Niall. For all I know, he hadn't told anyone either. We hadn't really discussed what exactly we were, so there was no point in getting my friends all excited.

Currently, Niall and I were driving around Ireland as he pointed out different sites from his childhood. I took random pictures of trees and mountains and snapchatted them to my little sister, Katrina. I laughed to myself, if only she knew that I was with Niall Horan while taking these photos. She would die!

"What are you laughing about over there?" Niall asked as he looked over at me.

"Nothing." I said with a chuckle, making him laugh and shake his head.

"You hungry?" He asked. I nodded in response and we started driving back towards Mullingar. We stopped in a neighborhood, and I decided to take a picture of the house and snapchat that to my sister too. "Here we are!" Niall exclaimed as he got out.

I got out and followed him to the door, my eyebrows furrowed in confusion as he took out a key, unlocking the door and leading me in. "Mum, I'm home!" He called out, causing my eyes to widen as I turned to look up at him.

"Oh.. I forgot to tell you! Hey Elanna, we're going to my mum's for dinner, is that alright?" He asked with an innocent smile on his face. I clasped a palm to my forehead as I said, "Oh my god Niall! You could've warned me I was going to meet your mom!"

"Ni why didn't you tell the poor girl?" I heard a voice come from behind me. I turned around, my face a deep red as I laid my eyes upon Niall's mother. "Hi dear, I'm Maura Niall's mum." She said with a warm smile.

"Hi, I'm Elanna." I said with a nervous smile. She came up and gave me a hug, and she is a good hugger like Niall. "I've heard so much about you!" She exclaimed.

"Really?" I asked, I gotta say I was in shock, I thought that Niall hadn't told anyone about me, just like I hadn't yet told anyone about us.

Maura nodded with enthusiasm, "And don't worry, it's just like Niall to forget to mention something like meeting his mother for the first time." I laughed and we both looked over at Niall who had his lips pursed as he blushed.

"I didn't mean to.... Anyways, come on Elanna. I'll show you around before my mum can embarrass me." Niall said, grabbing my hand and leading me up the stairs. "Dinner will be ready in 20!" His mom called from the kitchen.

At the beginning of the hall, he opened a door to our left and led me in, closing the door behind us. "Well this is my room." He said, pushing his hands into his pockets as he nodded his head and looked around.

"Nice." I said with a laugh as I went to go sit down on his bed. Niall sighed and looked at me, "Sorry about my mum.."

"What are you apologizing for? She seems amazing." I said with a genuine smile, "I didn't know you talk about me." I added, raising my eyebrows at him.

His cheeks automatically went red and he stammered out, "I.. Um. Well.. Sh-she's my mum so you know... She asked who I was out with so often okay! Besides she's my mum, of course I'm gonna tell her when I meet a girl. What you didn't tell your mum?"

I giggled and bit my lip, shaking my head. "No... I wasn't really sure what I would tell her. Cause I'm not really sure what exactly we are? Plus I wasn't sure if we were telling people."