Part 18

They were all walking through the long hallways of the base, completely ignoring the bodies of their enemies. With the help of Shinsengumi, they managed to save most of their Yato comrades. The remaining men that were fighting the Dakini already fled and was witing for their commanders to return. Those problems were solved.

The buzzing sound of their communication devices went off. "-zuya? Yorozuya? Can you hear me?" Kondo's voice was slightly panicky. Gintoki sighed in irritation.

"What is it, Gori?" They all continued walking through the path, eyeing the exit that was still quite a distance for them.

"Lord Matsudaira is going to bomb the entire place. He's going to start his countdown. RUN!" Hearing that, the Yorozuya trio panicked and dashed towards the exit.

Matsudaira's voice could be heard from the device, "Oi, comrades alike. I'll give you only 3 seconds to get out of there. 1." And a blast was heard behind them, urging them to run faster.

"Lord Matsudaira, what happened to 2 and 3?!" Shinpachi shouted in terror.

"Never heard of that. We only need number 1 to get through anything." As he ordered his men to continue bombing the base, ignoring the screams coming from the Yorozuya trio. The older Yatos (Umibozu, Abuto, Kamui and Akira) opened their parasols and blocked the dust and debris flying towards them. Luckily, all of them managed to narrowly avoid getting crushed with the base as they fled to safety.

Hijikata, Kondo, and Sougo, together with the Yato men who were still able to stand, were waiting for the Yorozuya and their own captains to escape. Seeing the faces of all 7 of them, they cheered loudly for their success and ran towards their captains and Akira. Sougo dragged himself to make sure Kagura was uninjured while Kondo and Hijikata approached Gintoki and Shinpachi.

"Glad to see you're alive," Hijikata eyed Gintoki as he lit his cigarette with his mayo lighter.

"I felt like I nearly died seven times in there. I don't get why I'm always getting dragged into these situations all the damn time," Gintoki sighed. 

"Shinpachi-kun! Otae-san was so worried about you." Shinpachi looked up to Kondo. "Aneue? Why?"

"She's on the phone with me. Here you go." Shinpachi took the phone and put it to his ear. "Hel⁠—"

"Shin-chan! God, you're making me worried for you all the time. Why didn't you tell me that you were going to be gone for more than a week? Why didn't you even leave me a message before leaving? I am going to kill that bloody white permhead for dragging you along!" Otae continued her rant non-stop. Kagura and Gintoki just giggled at Shinpachi's pathetic attempt to console his sister.

"Oi, China. Can't you give me a call or something? I didn't need to hear from the princess that my girlfriend decided to go on a suicide mission with her brother." Sougo deadpanned. 

"I don't have money to buy one," she shrugged. Rolling his eyes, he said, "I'll get you one when we get back to Edo."

"More importantly, let me introduce you to family," she dragged Sougo as she called out for Kamui and Umibozu.

Abuto nudged his captain. "Seems like your sister is going to formally introduce her boyfriend to your family," he teased.

Kamui smiled, "Whatever, as long as she's happy. C'mon Akira. I want to introduce you to them too." 

She raised her brow, "Didn't we do that already?" "Yea but this time, I'll introduce you as my fiancee," he lowered his head and gently pressed his lips onto his lover's forehead, causing Akira to blush slightly.

Kagura with Sougo and Kamui with Akira stood in front of their father, Umibozu. Everyone looked at them in anticipation.

Kagura started first. "Papi, Kamui. This is my boyfriend, Okita Sougo." Sougo bowed respectfully, which shocked the entire Shinsengumi. "The only person he bowed to was his late sister, Mitsuba. He must be really serious with your China girl," Hijikata explained to Gintoki and Shinpachi.