5

Casey thought about that. About how she loved each and every one of them. In very different ways, yes, but love nethertheless. And it was that love that stopped her from fulfilling kevin's request.

"I can't... I'm sorry,"

"You have to,"

"You don't understand... I love you. All of you. Hedwig like my brother, Patricia's like my mom and Dennis..."

"I've hurt people. I've hurt you. Please just... kill me," he begged.

"It's not that simple," She was scared. She knew that Dennis wouldn't do anything to hurt her. She knew Kevin wouldn't. She knew non of the others would. But the beast wasn't one of them. He walked on the ceiling. Climbed up the wall with no struggle. Not only was she scared of not being able to kill him because it would kill everyone else, she was scared she would get buck fever. When she'd heard the gun to her uncle as a child, she got it. When she held the gun to her head, she got buck fever. And she knew deep down, that this would probably be the same.

She remembered her encounter with Kevin as she stood inside the cage, clutching her gun to her. No bullets were left, the threat was all that remained. She hadn't gotten buck fever exactly. She was able to shoot him, twice. But she couldn't shoot the place she knew would kill him. Not that it mattered. He barely even blinked.

The man she cared for so deeply, bending iron just to hurt her. He stood back and grabbed the lighter part of the cage, ripping it from the ground and throwing it across the room. He walked towards her and froze as he noticed her shoulder and studied her stomach.

He threw his head back with a smile, as if Casey's pain was a great relief of some kind, "Alas! You have known suffering! You are pure..." he put his arms against the wall, above her head and nestled his head into the scars on her shoulder for a second, "you are pure," he grinned looking into her eyes. He suddenly closed his eyes and seemed to loosen up. He took in a few breaths.

"Perfection," he whispered. Without a seconds hesitation he leaned forward and kissed her deeply, "Casey... why didn't you tell me?" He asked between kisses, "we've waisted so much time,"

"Dennis... I love you," he smiled with these words. The words nobody had ever said to him before.

"I love you too," he kissed her again before he pulled away and looked into her eyes, "but my world... it's too dangerous for you," he brushed his finger over her cheek and she hugged him tightly.

"No..." was all she could say.

"I'm sorry, Casey," he went to leave but she grabbed onto him with all her strength.

"Please," she stopped trying to hide her tears, "stay with me," she pulled him closer to her and he rested his head on hers.

"I lose you once, I'm not prepared to lose you again," she stood on her toes and kissed him softly.

"Perfection," Casey whispered. He hugged her and kissed her head before he forced himself to walk away.

And Casey was alone, again. But now it was different. It wasn't a relief. It wasn't a blessing. She longed for him, nobody else. And she decided that she would find him. She refused to be alone again.

A/N

Sorry for this only being a short chapter guys but it's gonna get good from now on. It's kinda going into the transition from Split to Glass now. I didn't want to continue this until I watched glass, and so now I feel I can continue it down that road. If you haven't seen it I highly recommend tho I found some of it disappointing, most of it was brilliant.