Chapter 2

It's lunchtime and it's pretty busy here. It surprises me that a food fight is not happening, all the time. Or any kinda fight. MJ walks with her plate with food a little bit before me. We keep having eye contact, but we have both enough experience to know when it becomes too obvious and suspicious. I look over too my shoulder and observe the room.

I have to find him, but it's pretty difficult when everyone is just messing around. I realize MJ is trying to get my attention, so I look at her, shrugging with a "What?! I'm trying my best here!". She just rolls her eyes and moves her head a bit to the side, like a nod, but very very... crooked? I look at her like she is doing the Spanish dance in the wrong moment of High School Musical.

But then I understand what she's trying to say. I follow the movement of her idiotic nod, to a table. Target locked. I grin at her and she gives me the look. I walk over to the table and sit down. Social-bitchy-me is activated.

"There is the new girl!" He calls out as if it's a big announcement that I'm sitting next to him.

"Yes. That's me." I fake-smile and fake-being-happy.

"You changed you're mind? Finally got some sense and decided not to hang around that loser?" I almost blow this chance and attack him, but I remember that the best revenge is the longer one.

MJ really was right about this guy being a bully. But I calm myself down -which I do by choking him in my thoughts - and smile. "Yes of course! She was so boring! Like- I really feel sorry for the people who are hanging out with her."

I try to sound convincing, but saying this gives me a weird feeling. ''I'm happy we feel the same.'' He says satisfied.

I just give a smile and look over my shoulder to MJ. She sits at a table, leaning to the wall. There are two other people who sit on the same table. I just can't see them as they sit with their back to me. But I'm curious. It doesn't make sense, I thought MJ didn't really had friends, but there are still two boys sitting at the same table.

Though they are sitting so that there is enough spacebetween them that I question the friendship. I see her eyes looking over the book, at me. I quickly turn back and bring back my cover.

''So, Lash,'' I begin, ''Who are you?''

I see him frowning and maybe a little bit shocked, ''W-what? What do you mean?''

I study him if he's hiding something. There is no way that I will ever trust this guy. ''Well, you said that I got some sense when I realized that that loser pretty boring was. But how do I know that I make the same mistake? What if you're worse?''

I'm testing him and he can easily pass the test. He can't keep his mouth shut, his ego is too much. He begins to laugh, "Do you really think that I'm such a loser as them?"

He points at the direction of Michelle and the two other guys. I shrug, "Give me a reason."

He thinks for a second, "Well I have a car, they don't. Almost nobody else on this school. Well at least not as cool as mine."

I nod, trying to look thoughtful and impressed. He laughs, while thinking about the thought, "Me such as a nerd? It's funny. You're hilarious, fire-girl."

Fire-girl? Seriously? Where does that come from?

I frown, "Fire-Girl?"

He nods while he takes a bite from his lunch. "You got fire. So Fire-Girl."

I still don't really get it. It's so random. "It's sounds like a superhero name. Pretty cool right?"

I shrug, "I guess."