CHAPTER TWENTY SIX

Emilia had opened her eyes feeling entirely stiff

Emilia had opened her eyes feeling entirely stiff. She turned her head seeing fire surround her and she was left confused with what was happening.

"You know, I feel like you have the habit of being abducted, Emilia" She turned her head and looked at a charred male and it took a moment for her to realize who it was.

"And you have a habit of looking like you came out of a-" She held her tongue knowing how insensitive her words would have been.

"Fire" Peter tried to wipe the grime off his face," Don't hold back-I feel like you are the only one besides Derek, who don't act like they have sticks up their asses because of something sad and misfortunate happening in my past"

She got up from the road and looked to her hand that was clasped to a steering wheel," Uh? Okay, what the hell happened?"

"Well, I so happened to be driving down the road and saw a few people loading you into the back of a van. I came to be all nice and heroic and saved your ass, only to get you to nearly kill me trying to take the wheel-"

"I almost-

He raised his hand stopping her," That was what I thought, but turned out-despite being unconscious and in la-la land, you turned the wheel before I drove straight into a road that was covered in gasoline-but in the end, they went and threw Molotov's to my car"

"Why do you sound like it happened before?" She asked as he reached over taking the steering wheel

"Because this was the second car that they destroyed"

She fell silent and then looked at him smiling sheepishly," You don't happen to have a third one, do you?"

He looked at her and let out a huff," No sweet cheeks, we are walking so get a move on it" He turned walking away and she followed him hugging herself.

"My parents were innocent" She whispered to Peter who tightened his jaw. He knew his next words would either piss her off or make her cry-but he also knew not telling her was even worse.

"I know-" He mumbled and then stopped walking and dug inside his pocket pulling out the object that Emilia didn't even know had existed until that day," You've learned about this, and it's partially my fault that it got in the hands of Gerard"

"Wha-What do you mean it's partially your fault?" She asked with hostility building in her tone.

"It was in my vault" He went to explain

"But the whole robbing vault was way after my parents died, Peter"

"Not that time" He confessed," It was back when I was in school, and-when your family just came to Beacon Hills. They asked me to watch over it, to make sure it did not get in the wrong hands, and instead-while the time I lost my family, apparently-Kate came to visit me while I was in the hospital"

"Kate knew you were still alive?"

"Haven't we learned that Kate is pretty much someone who knows everything at this rate?" He questioned back and she shook her head in defeat

"I thought that was you-but then" She turned back and looked at the mass destruction the hunters had caused," That happened, and I'm sure you are just a self-proclaimed know it all"

"Right, see this is why I tolerate you; you have humour in your bones"

"Or because I'm the only person that can even deal with you"

"And Derek"

"I wouldn't say he tolerates you; I'd say it's Payton who makes him"

"She's tried to kill me multiple times" Peter retorted making her laugh

"Well, you did make out with her-and bite her so..."

"Shut up, or else I will make you be apart of what's left of my car," He remarked bitterly walking forward.

"So, what am I supposed to do with this anyway? Do I just destroy it?"

Peter stopped walking again and turned to her quickly," Once you destroy it, you'll be remembered"

"But?" She asked knowing he had more to say

"You'll slowly lose your werewolf genes," He said slowly

"What?" was all she said as she stared at the older man who eyed the object in her hands

"So, I'll lose it completely?" She whispered and he nodded his head," And even if you had Scott or any Alpha bite you-your body would reject it, and you'd die"

"All because of this?" She raised the artefact," Gerard said my family was tied to it? Why and How?"

"Right, let me explain it as they would in those Dummies books-" He started as he walked ahead of her," Basically your great-great father, had made a deal with some demon, and the price was that whoever had a hold of this stone, would be able to manipulate your family"

"Okay, so it was some voodoo crap, and let me guess, Gerard, found it as a fun game taking down his sworn enemies"

"Yeah, and him making you be forgotten was probably just one of his sick games" Emilia let out a growl and threw it to the ground aggressively. Peter turned quickly at the sound of shattering and his eyes widened at her action.

"Are you insane?! Why did you-

"I don't care if I lose my powers" She cut him off," All that matters are that I'm not put back into that old man's sick psychotic game. He is the reason I killed my parents, Peter, and I'll make sure to show him he messed with the wrong bitch"

Emilia stepped over the shattered artefact making Peter linger back and looked down at the object. He would have not had a single bone in his body to give up his powers-but the way she looked-and the fire in her eyes.

He knew that she probably didn't even need her wolf to win this war. A small pang in his chest burned at the thought of her sacrificing something she was born with.

Something he could have never done.