Chapter 4 - A Dangerous Situation

A/N - Influx of updates coming in for the holidays!!!

And P.S. It's a rough chapter.

~~~

Where was Sting Eucliffe?

Rogue didn't know.

Orga didn't answer.

Rufus said he hasn't heard from him.

And Sting's phone is still going straight to voicemail.

You are going to kill that monster the minute you lay eyes on his big beautiful head of blonde hair. He better be prepared because you sure were.

You aggressively knitted the end of the scarf, making a lot of it with the time you were given on this stopped train. It had been twenty minutes since it stopped and twenty minutes stuck sitting in silence with nothing but Sting on your mind.

He was a grown-ass teenage delinquent. He can get himself out of anything. You knew that. You got you out of sticky situations with his help.

You could keep reassuring yourself every half second, but that still won't change the fact that you were sitting there worried as all heck.

"Excuse me miss, are you alright?" You turn to your right and see an extremely old man scoot closer to you. His face was extremely rectangular and the cracks on his face made him look like bark on a tree. His hair also kind of made him look like broccoli. "I can't help but notice you're fingers shaking." He points with a finger that looks like the root of a tree.

Even though he was a complete stranger, you didn't feel scared or defensive around him. You felt really safe, actually.

"Oh, yes. My boyfriend isn't answering his phone so I'm just getting a little worried." The understatement of the century.

The man laughs and sits back, getting comfortable. "Young love," He smiles. "I'm sure he's okay. With a beautiful girlfriend like you worrying about him, there no way he'd put himself in any unnecessary danger."

You exhaled and started small breathing exercises to calm yourself down. "Thank you. I may not feel one hundred percent at ease, but I definitely feel better."

"Good. Can't have a panic attack on a train in the middle of nowhere now can we?" He jokes.

How accurate is his joke though? If it weren't for him, you might've actually had one. "No, we can't." You joke back.

He holds a hand out to you,

"Worrod Sequen."

And you take it.

"(Y/N) (L/N)."

The train's lights flicker back on when your hands disconnect and the message over the speaker begins relaying a new message. You were on the way to the station and thanks to your new friend, you weren't going to have a heart attack on the way there.

"Heh, funny huh?" He said. You hummed and he clarified, "The lights turned back on as soon as I started talking to you. It's almost like the universe was waiting for us to meet."

You felt that too. "Yeah, funny."

~~~

The driver held a sign up at the station that read your name. It was embarrassing and awkward but you went with it anyway. He led you to the car and took you back home where the heater was blasted and your fingers were chilled from typing away on your phone. You asked everyone where Sting could've been, but no luck.