Chapter 9 - Downhill From Here

Reader

"I can't do this."

"Yes you can, you have nothing to worry about."

"I'm gonna throw up."

"(Y/N), seriously, you're gonna be fine. It's just an easy walk down, a five-second pose, and then a steady walk back."

Erza should be a councilor. She knew how to calm you down during a crisis. She wasn't even worrying about herself. She was rubbing your back after you already threw up in a bucket backstage. Too much lemonade maybe?

Brandish couldn't be bothered. She was meeting and greeting everyone so she didn't have time to talk you down from the ledge.

"Oh god... I feel like shit," you said aloud.

The models were getting ready, running around looking for safety pins and lip gloss. You needed some too after this fiasco.

"Are you alright, (Y/N)?" Erza asks as you set the bucket aside and stand up.

You wore red boots with the skinniest heel. You also wore a bikini with the white frill around the triangles covering your breasts. There was no getting around it -- you were underdressed for the weather outside. Your matching gloves reached your upper arms and your Santa hat was oversized with a heart and star pin.

For the first segment, the girls were all matching in the Christmas theme. It was a way to welcome the guests and the holiday season.

Erza's outfit was somehow more revealing without trying. It was probably because it was Erza doing the modeling. Her black boots matched her belt which seemed to be the only thing keeping her short dress up. Her outfit was lighter. Her similar gloves were a more festive red compared to your darker setup. And she had a collar with a bell on it. You were the sexier side of the holidays while she was the cuter side. She still managed to wear Christmas better than everyone there.

You straighten your back and hold your head high. You needed to help the girls, not freak out.

"I've got safety pins here ladies!" You call out and a swarm of girls surround you.

You didn't see it, but Erza's proud smile returned as she watched you become the head honcho, even more put together than Brandish was, holding so much anxiety in but taking it like a champ.

No matter what, you couldn't slip up now. You've worked too hard to mess this up. Brandish was relying on you to get this done.

"Okay, ladies! Get in your positions!" You shout over the noise as soon as Brandish comes back to check on everything.

She gives you a thumbs up. "I'm gonna make the announcement. Everyone ready?" she asks you, rather than ask the crowd of girls in the back.

You return with a thumbs up of your own. "Ready back here."

She hurries back to the front and her voice sounds across the club. She was announcing the girls. And then the music turned on.

And suddenly you were back to feeling queasy.

Erza put some lip gloss on you and readied you at the end of the line-up. Erza was leading the march and you were finishing it.

~~~

It wasn't as bad as you forced yourself to believe. The second you walked out on that stage the lights were too bright for you to see any of the faces in the crowd.

You took it one step at a time. You followed the rhythm of the music and the girl in front of you -- Juliet Sun. She was a natural like her sister Heine. All of them have done this before. You were the only amateur.