Chapter 5 - Your Past & Future

A/N - These next few chapters are really choppy and weird but after finals are over I can polish them up for all your holiday needs! :3

~~~

You stared at his hand, it's warmth still familiar and sweet. You took it but questioned the obvious, "Why?"

He yanks you to your feet and smiles mischievously. "I don't want you being alone here in the cold tonight." Little did he know Lector was taking his routinely nap under the kotatsu. "Also, it's not exactly my house, but we're welcome there."

You squint. "It's not? Then what are we-"

"It's my brother's house. I've been staying at his place a couple nights a week since he's going to be going away with his fiance soon. I'm also gonna meet Gajeel and Gray there after my run."

"Do you think they'll be there?"

"I don't see why not," he said. You could see Gray running in this shit storm, however you barely knew Gajeel and his determination for these kinds of things.

"Zeref, right? I saw him last year at the Christmas party, but I don't remember him from when we were young."

Natsu took the liberty of taking off his shoes and going to go get your things for you. "You probably wouldn't. He didn't hang out with us much and when our parents died I went to live with Igneel alone. Zeref and I got separated."

You fumbled to kick off your shoes and follow Natsu to your living space. "I had no idea. I'm so sorry."

"Why?" he said with sincerity. "I was too young to remember them and it's not like it changed my life. I still got to hang out with you and my other pals. Igneel's been a great dad to me so being adopted by him was a blessing, not a curse."

Your guilt-ridden face lightens up and you begin to gather your things. "I'm glad you have such a cool dad."

Natsu sat back and let you do your thing. He asked, "How's your dad?"

You grinned. "He's fine. He's trying to be a more open-minded father and I appreciate the effort. He finally takes my emotions into consideration."

"See? People can change."

You roll your eyes and get your bag ready to go to Brandish's place. You treated Natsu's brother's place like a rest stop. You didn't think it was more convenient, you just didn't want to sit in a small room thinking about Sting the whole night.

Looking down at your phone you asked, "You sure Sting has a place to stay? I should call, shouldn't I?"

Natsu's pink, damp hair swashes around. "They said he was busy but if you don't feel right then you should call again."

You dial and let it ring twice before hanging up. "No, I believe you. This storm's probably going to last till tomorrow. If you have a way to get me to Brandish's club tomorrow evening, then I don't think I have any objections to coming over."

Natsu bounced up like a giddy child and pulled out his phone to call someone else. He went to the kitchen and over the phone said, "Hey! Pick me and (Y/N) up on the way over."

He continued to have his weird conversation in the kitchen while you gave Lector enough food for the night and tomorrow. He was smart enough to get into the bag anyway so if he was hungry he could claw his way to a feast.

"Yeah at Sting's. I was helping (Y/N). Why is that weird?"

Was it weird? Now that you thought about it, maybe Sting wouldn't appreciate you going to Natsu's. You were doing it regardless because every second you thought of Sting, you felt like you were going to have a heart attack.