Chapter 6 - A Rock & A Hard Place

A/N - Here's a content/trigger warning. I've never really had to put one of these on my stories before, but I know people need these and it's important to recognize that. I also don't want to spoil anything so I'll remind readers before the scene happens. Thank you for your read and have a nice day!

Also! If you like Kiribaku, I made a small beta fanfiction of Kirishima x Bakugou and I'm not sure if I should continue the story. If you're fans of BNHA and Kiribaku, you should check it out and lemme know if you want more of the fic. :)

~~~

"Natsu, this place is gorgeous." You told him while he gave you the grand tour.

It was bigger than your grandmother's home and definitely blew Lucy's out of the park.

There were gorgeous, carpeted stairs going up three floors, a huge living room that had a whole wall of windows and a real fire place, the kitchen was bigger than your apartment, and the dining room was separated by sliding doors. Every bedroom, the seven total, were furnished exactly like they would in a catalog. Candles were lit in a sitting room where instruments were set up and the back area led out to a pool and wide spread area of grass.

There was a work out room and a theater room! Eight reclining seats, four in the front and four behind, faced a screen with a feeling like you were in the movies. No matter how many people were in the house at once, you knew there were just too many restrooms — eight restrooms in total!

Natsu would show you the game room but it was in the basement with the bar and that's where Zeref and his friends hung out. There was even an outside entrance to the basement downstairs so they wouldn't have to go through the front door.

"Zeref's guardians are never home so he has the house to himself most of the time. He's actually on break for the holidays. Him and his friends are having a small party downstairs since they're not gonna see each other for months when he goes back."

"And we weren't invited?" Gajeel said, faking offense.

Natsu went back into the kitchen and you all followed. He was pulling out all kinds of food out for everyone to eat.

"Those parties are weird anyway. After he invited me to one and I wasn't a fan, he told me I could bring my friends over. He says 'the more the merrier' whatever that means." Natsu tossed Gray a big jug of protein powder and Gray was already ready with four shaker cups.

You notice Gray being awfully familiar with the place, just as much as Natsu. Gajeel not so much. "Have you guys been here often?"

Gray nods. "Me, Loke, and Natsu come over a lot. Zeref likes having Natsu over even if he doesn't see him. I guess it's a brother thing but after Zeref goes back to college, we're not gonna have this anymore," Gray refers to the mansion.

"He's in college?" You ask.

Natsu hands you a bowl for frozen yogurt and replies, "He came back for winter break to propose to his girlfriend."

"The blonde girl, right?" You remembered them as the cowlick couple at the Christmas party last year. She was shorter and darn well cuter than anyone there. "Did she graduate?" You asked.

Natsu took a messy chomp out of a chicken leg, answering with grease slipping down the side of his mouth. "Yep."

"She's not here though." Gray made sure to clarify. "She doesn't like Zeref's friends so she never comes over."