Stars (Mini Chapter)

(Hello readers! I got bored today and decided to do a fun chapter like I mentioned. I hope you enjoy! Talk of death and drug addictions by the way!)

Lee's POV

I turned around, facing away from the bedroom window, and started climbing up the rickety roof. I did this every night, well, every night when it wasn't cloudy. The roof was my favorite place. No one else would come up here, and it gave me the best view of the night sky. I loved stars. I considered stars to be my best friend, besides Cassie, and call me crazy if you want to, I could care less, but I knew I had a deep connection with the orbs in the sky. It was so different from any human bond I had (or have). I could also share my true feelings with the stars.

I've never been the happiest person. I watched my mother die when I was 6 years old, and I can still recall it perfectly to this day. I hated that I could. I would never say this is aloud, but I often thought 'Cassie doesn't realize how lucky she is... She's never seen the light seep out of someone's eyes.'.

I would think that every time Cassie had a dream about her parents' deaths. I knew it was uncalled for and, honestly, very rude and heinous, but in truth, I wasn't a nice person. I'm nice to Cassie, of course, she's my #1, but I wasn't one to be nice. Maybe it was the fact I'd never had a family to teach me how to be nice. Maybe it was the fact that I was never happy. I don't know why I'm not happy. Actually, I do. I sat next to my mother as she died, I've never met my father, and all my other family is either dead or a meth addict incapable of taking care of children. I guess it's also that I never confront my feelings, I just bottle it up, put a cocky smile on, and keep walkin'. I don't have a release, and I can't make myself talk to Cassie, even though she'd listen. She's an amazing friend, and she's just a BANG UP PERSON. (Jesus help me, I'm writing this at like, 2am and I wake up at 6:30).

I sighed, and grabbed a small notebook out of my jacket pocket. Don't ask how I got it, I'm not proud of it, but how else am I supposed to get crap... I began to jot down random things I noticed in the sky. I'm not sure why I did this, it was just a weird habit I picked up. I wrote down how there were some small, wispy clouds blocking the moon, and how especially bright the Northern Star was tonight. It was quite a good night for star-gazing and deep thinking, and I, as usual, thought about the "Sail Away Plan" (as I referred to it), and had a sudden thought. It was brilliant, genius, OUTSTANDING! (Go my darling, my smart lil' froggie.) I would have to tell Cassie in the morning, because it would solve a big problem in the plan. A huge problem. Honestly, I think Cas would be quite proud of me!

Did I mention that the stars were exceptionally bring tonight?

(Hello lovies! This chapter was interesting to write, especially the more "depressing" parts. I wrote as my mood changed, so uh, yup. I also made this chapter a bit important because of a different decision I made earlier today (it's gonna be BIG GUYS). I don't have much to say, so have a wonderful day!)