Lucy Clock

I thank them with a nod and make my way towards the stairs. I stumble but manage to keep myself up by holding on to a table. I turn around and smile at them Pathetic.. I think to myself. I reach the stairs unmarked. I walk up and turn around to thank them. "Thanks." I say.

I arrive at the dorm and knock before opening the door. I step inside.

"Wow" Escapes my mouth. I smile. It is much better than my old schools. And alot friendlier. I see my case next to a bed with my new Gryffindor uniform. My hand slides along the new tie. I sit on my bed and gaze around the room.

"Pretty Magical, eh?" A voice says at the door. 

"I'll say. Your Lily, right?" I say just barely above a whisper. She smiles.

"Yeah. Your Lucy Clock right? I hope Potter's Crowd didn't give you a hard time." She smiles at me. She knows I am muggle born. Usually that meant people stayed away from me. 

I open my case and check I have everything. Mum said if I have left anything she would find a way to post it. I smile. I stroke my owl which is sitting in a cage next to me. He is brown, just a normal one as even though my parents wanted to get me one, they couldn't afford alot. But he was my first pick anyway. I take out a bit of parchment and scribble a note down to mum.

The note reads:

Hey Mum.

Just arrived here at Hogwarts and so far so good. I think I have everything but if not send me it via Fog(The Owl). I love you and can't wait to begin classes. 

Lucy. xx

I fold it up and write on the front. 

I attach it to Fog and tell him its for Mum. I let him out the window and watch him soar away. 

"Looking forward to classes Lucy?" Lily asks.

I nod back as I have never been much of a talker. 

"Favourite Subject or are you gonna nod your head again?"

I clear my throat and speak.

"Um, Everything. I love learning about Magic. Such thing doesn't exsist to Muggles. I just love how I am apart of it." I say but not loud.

She smiles. "Same. I am muggle born too you see. "

"Really?"