The Vase and the Sleepover

"Who even is Rachel? I've never met her

"Who even is Rachel? I've never met her."

That awkwardly broke the silence as four girls sat in a helicopter, which was currently soaring over the east coast of Philadelphia. They were all dressed in casual clothes – well, all accept one, who was so particular with her clothing that she had decided to dress formally for the occasion.

The blonde girl looked up, still holding a plain envelope. Her startling stormy grey eyes seemed darker than usual, "Rachel is our Oracle. She is a bit... well, eccentric," said Annabeth. She glanced back down at the envelope – she admitted that she wasn't on the whole excited about sleepovers. It was a gathering of girls, where, for the most part, they talked about celebrities and make-up and boys. Not really her cup of tea.

Not to mention – Annabeth took a peek at the formal girl sitting opposite her: praetor to the Twelth Legion and Roman through and through, Reyna, the daughter of Bellona. She was certain that this girl had made a move of her boyfriend. Of course, Percy had been a pretty valiant and turned her down, but hey, Annabeth still felt a little ill-feeling towards her.

She clutched the envelope a little more tightly. She hoped the daughter of Bellona was good at keeping her feelings on taken guys a secret as she was at running Camp Jupiter.

The girl who asked the question frowned. She swept some of her curly, golden brown hair back.

"But she doesn't know me, either," stated Hazel, staring at Annabeth, "Why would she invite me to a sleepover?"

Annabeth shrugged. Please, inviting strangers around seemed a bit low-key for Rachel, "She probably just wants to meet you, since you spent time with Percy. Plus, like I've already said, she's eccentric."

Next to Annabeth, a girl with choppy brown hair with braids nodded, almost eagerly, "Agreed."

"Well, she certainly knows how to travel in style," said Reyna, after smoothing her dress a little, "A helicopter? I would have been just fine in a boat."

Hazel laughed nervously, "Ahah. I think helicopter is better," she shifted uncomfortably, "Oh, er, not that your idea is bad, Reyna. Just, um, you know, it's faster by air." Reyna nodded, but said nothing. The helicopter approached the New York now, just edging closer to the boundary of it and Pennsylvania. The whole city was alive, even though it was evening time, and the sun was just dipping below the horizon.

"Yeah," Annabeth said, like it was nothing, "Rachel's family are super rich. They own Dare Enterprises, the company that buys land and builds shopping malls." Suddenly, Reyna looked a whole lot more impressed.

"Is that so?" she moistened her lips, but didn't continue her sentence, probably thinking about the sleepover that was going to happen. The group fell silent again as they passed into the island of Manhattan, where Rachel lived.

"Is it just the four of us?" asked Piper, turning towards Annabeth like she knew all the answers.

The blonde shrugged, "I suppose so."