eighteen

uneasy, exhausted, confused.

jeongguk groans once again when he makes yet again, another mistake. his head was pounding up to this day-- even sleep was unable to clear his head. his trainer had asked him multiple times if anything was wrong with such a big amount of interest since the older rarely (or rather, never) sees him like this. it had lead to a short conversation that addled with jeongguk's mind.

"sir jeon, you aren't very active today, are you alright? would you want to proceed on with your training or would you prefer to take a short rest?"

jeongguk scoffs, wiping the sweat dripping from his forehead.

"if our training is a bit too intolerable, i can go easy on you for now if you are leaning towards that,"

"i assure you i can very much take it, mr min! although for now i would like to take a short break, thank you very much!"

he's greeted with a nod of understanding. but jeongguk hates being looked down upon. he growls in annoyance and so he bursts.

"its been bothering me, this id and everything! and it's all because of those stupid, stupid, stupid FLASHBACKS!"

jeongguk could barely catch the growing smirk on min yoongi's face.

his thinking leads him to a small headache and so he decides to take a short rest.

•••

speaking of which, he couldn't help but notice how strange yoongi has been acting these past few days. even jimin has taken notice ever since the male started acting like he wasn't himself.

once jeongguk sees yoongi furiously typing at his phone (or out of nowhere he starts grinning at the device) or sees his face turn red whenever he talks to jeongguk, or grows agitated at the constant vibrating of his cellphone, he gets up from where he's sitting, still sucking on the red lollipop in his hands.

"heeeeey, mr min? ya doin' okay?"

said man almost drops his phone at his voice.

"y-yeah, sir jeon. just have other errands to do later, and-- i kind of need to deal with something outside! i'll step out first and you shall resume  your unwinding."

jeongguk hesitantly nods, watching the older dash out of the room once he agrees. jeongguk narrows his eyes in suspicion. "maybe i should go follow him."

jeongguk feels realization slap him across the face once more-- curiousity growing even larger once he remembers the incident where yoongi had trembled in front of jeongguk's amused and sparkling eyes.

the dagger is dropped into jeongguk's hands, and he's pinning yoongi against the wall with his strength, lightly digging the cold blade into yoongi's neck enough to scare him.

"i hope you're not scared of me, mister min. . . ya think i don't notice how nervous you are? i hope you're not hiding anything, or else!"

he had remembered.. even tasted the look of panic and.. dread impaled on the assassin's face when all he was.. was simply a rookie who had barely had any grasp or knowledge of what yoongi already mastered. he had recalled jimin telling him how unfearful yoongi was and how he mastered the art of undauntedness.

but all he's seeing at the moment was the opposite of what jimin informed him as.

coincidence? the boy thinks not.

he waits a couple more seconds before tailing after the man, hiding behind a wall as yoongi puts his phone up to his ear. jeongguk peaks in interest once yoongi starts speaking.

yoongi's conversation was hard to follow, because there were no indication or said names that gave him clues. it seemed like they were talking in a language only they understood-- which baffled jeongguk to a level when they started saying things like "the hunter fell into his own trap," or "the kitten can also be caught by the mice."

it made the boy's head ache.

jeongguk started to get bored with the eavesdropping, barely receiving any information that was ACTUALLY helpful. yoongi had already started saying his goodbyes, laughing as if he was talking to a very good friend of his. he had already decided on going back and pretending this had never happened until his ears catches unto something-- making his eyes start to well up.

"shush, drama king."

•••

the man smirks, a glint in his eye once he hears the pitter patters of running feet quickly departing from where he was standing. he clicks his tongue, shaking his head in pretend disappointment.

"correct,"

he speaks into the phone.

"it will be done."

•••

hi im so sorry for taking so long, school is stressful :(( did you enjoy the chapter? thanks sm for being patient! ill edit this later if needed ♡