Debt

Gendry convinced Arya to talk to Sansa after a few days of ranting. She wasn't too happy, but she obliged. Sansa was in her rooms. Arya knocked on the door. 

"Come in." Arya heard vaguely along with another voice. She turned the knob and pushed. 

"Sansa?" Arya called when she couldn't see Sansa in the main room. 

"In here," Sansa said. Arya followed her voice to a small room. She immediately smelled something foul before she walked past the doorframe. In the room, she saw Sansa, Melisandre and fat man, blocking her view of what was behind them.

Arya made a gagging noise and everyone turned around. "What's happening here?" Arya asked, eyeing Melisandre. "And who's that?" She motioned to the fat man. 

"This is Sam. He is Jon's friend from the Night's Watch," Sansa said. 

"Was, you mean," Arya corrected. 

"Not exactly," Sam said, rubbing his hands. He stepped to the side and allowed Arya to see what was behind him. Jon's head was attached to his body and his chest was moving up and down, slowly. 

Arya looked between the three of them and felt tears welling in her eyes. "I- I don't understand. What-" she paused and walked to his body. Melisandre stopped her before shew got too close, but Arya had none of that. "Don't touch me," she looked the Red Woman up and down. Melisandre stepped aside. 

"Jon," Arya whispered and put her fingers on his arm. "How is this possible? His head-"

"Was reattached by Sam. He's been working tirelessly for days," Sansa put her hand on Arya's shoulder. "Look at me, Arya. It's only us who know. Only us. It has to stay that way. Promise me."

"Of course, I promise," Arya replied semi-frantically. She stood up and faced Melisandre. "You said we'd meet again. You were right. How did you know?"

"I saw it," Melisandre smiled. "I saw this."

Arya furrowed her brows. "I can't forget what you did to Gendry."

"I know, child. I did what I thought was right for the good of the people I served."

"But what you've done for House Stark," she shook her head and blinked a tear away. "We are forever in debt to you. Thank you, my lady."

"And I am forever in debt to you, my queen," the lady Melisandre bowed her head. 

Arya spun on her heel and left Sansa's rooms.