make up and out

Class 1-A messed up again. That was the only reason why all the classes from all departments were gathered at the P.E. grounds today. "Boosting the school morale" was what the teachers' answer to the students' inquiries but they all knew better than to believe that crap. It's because Class 1-A attracted trouble again. And boy, was the whole school getting tired of it. How do they even do that so consecutively? They may never know.

The female students were instructed to draw lots for their male partners—they were to come in pairs. The teachers still hasn't divulge the nature of the pairing and what kind of activity they will be doing. And so the drawing commenced and soon each and everyone were finding their way to their respective partners.

You drew someone from the department of Management and was about to head their way when one of the girls from your class snatched the paper from your grip and switched it with hers.

"Hey!" You exclaimed.

The girl smiled sheepishly. "Sorry. Consider this a favor." But she didn't look sorry. After the girl read the name on what was once your paper, she breathed a sigh of relief and then beelined for her new partner's department. She turned around to wave at you. "I owe you one!"

Who did she picked anyway? You flipped the paper on your palm and audibly groaned. It's Bakugo.

Since your unfortunate encounter in the Class 1-A's dorm building, you haven't exchanged a word since. It's been about a month now. Should you exchange the paper again with someone else? But then you guessed you can use this opportunity to clear things up with Bakugo. It's getting exhausting ignoring his scowls and glares in the hallways.

You started walking towards the cluster of Class 1-A but you couldn't see the aggressive blonde spikes of the certain boy. You tapped the nearby person to ask. "Hey, Kirishima. Have you seen Bakugo?"

The red-haired boy perked up upon seeing you. He always suspected something was going on between you and Bakugo. "Last I saw him was at the dorm."

Another person had joined you. Todoroki saw you approaching their class and was hoping you drew him as partner. He walked over the two, you and Kirishima, conversing. As a greeting, he peered over your shoulder to look down on the piece of paper you were showing Kirishima and asked, "Who'd you draw?"

The hot and cold air naturally emanating off Todoroki made you guessed who was behind you in an instant. You adjusted the paper to give him a better look. "Bakugo. Have you seen him anywhere?"

"Can't say I have."

Kirishima called out Kaminari, who was talking with his partner from the Support department. "Kaminari! Any idea where Bakugo is?"

Kaminari was about to shrug but then he remembered that he knocked on Bakugo's room earlier before they left for the grounds. Damn short-circuiting messing with his short-term memory. "He said he's skipping out." Kaminari got yelled at through the door—wood still doesn't seem to soften the feisty blonde. "He's holed up in his room again."

"There you have it." Kirishima turned back to you. "You say you got him as your partner? Better tell the teachers he's not coming. Maybe other students skipped out too and you'll get paired up with ones who have absent partners."

You thanked Kirishima, with the boy excusing himself after as he find his own partner. His suggestion was the right thing to consider but then you thought about fetching Bakugo and dragging him here. Truancy isn't something that UA tolerates and any absent students with no acceptable reason to be were sure to be reprimanded.

"I'll be back in a bit." You were quick to bid Todoroki goodbye and before he can even say a word you were already stalking back towards the dorms.