I

BEFORE YOU KEEP READING, AN IMPORTANT REMINDER:

Even if it's based on a TV Show, this fanfic isn't for children. It contains mature language, blood, violence, curses, deaths, abuse, and sexual advances.

Please don't read it if you're not used to reading these topics. Remember this is just a story and we don't support any kind of abuse.

Finally, we hope you like it.

---------------------------------------------------

It was a dark night, 10 years after that catastrophic wedding. A silhouette illuminated underneath the moonlight. A hood hid this person's identity, but with the wind blowing against their cape, a feminine figure was visible, as well as the set of weapons that she carried with her. Her footsteps were silent despite the soft chinking of her weapons hitting against each other.

She slowly walked through the halls of the castle, trying to find a way to enter completely unnoticed. She bit her red lips from feeling the growing pressure. Suddenly, she heard a crunch behind her. She felt the closeness of someone else's presence. They found her. In less than two seconds, she turned around while grabbing one of her swords and launching it to the side, only for it to hit against the metal of another sword.

She stood her ground and tried closely observe her opponent. It was a man, a young adult who wore on a trench coat and a mask with two glowing goggles. She suddenly seemed to recognize him. The man let out a soft chuckle and took off his mask, making his light blue eyes visible. The woman's jaw dropped in shock.

"You...are..."

"Hey, long time no see....Cassie."

It was Varian. The woman raised her sword and pointed it to the young man's neck. She knew him, she knew him all too well. He started all of this. Cassandra's eyes burned with fury and she grit her teeth. He lifted up both of his hands, ironically smiling. He very much enjoyed this kind of situation. Now he was taller than her, and the warrior couldn't help but notice how large the arms of the young man were. He has definitely been training, meaning he was stronger, and probably even more intelligent. She couldn't underestimate him.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Cassandra furiously let out.

"Years since we've seen each other and this is how you treat me? That hurts, Cassie." Teased the young man.

"Cassandra," she corrected. "Don't call me Cassie."

"I don't care...Cassie." Varian repeated without much thought to the words the woman just said.

"It should've been more years. You're a traitor, a criminal who shouldn't even be here. Aren't you supposed to be destroying Lady Caine's boat or something?"

"Well, no. It's been a long time since she..." He paused and looked towards the sky, looking for the right words. "'Yielded me' her position," he finally said with cynicism.

"So you got her out of the way, huh? You really are despicable...Not to mention, you're dumb enough to show your face around here."

"Oh really? In fact," he said, using his index finger to move the tip of the sword away from his neck, "I believe I'm extremely intelligent, knowing that I haven't attracted the attention of any guard. Curiously, you haven't either. I suppose you're just lucky."

"Lucky? Did you forget I'm the -"

"Yeah, yeah," he interrupted her. "You're the Captain's daughter." He said, lifting his arms and changing his voice to a mocking, prideful tone. "The princess' lady-in-waiting and a marvelous soldier. Right?"