♡introduction ♡

Taehyung and Seokjin were the best childhood friends.

All the parents of the other students in their classes admired the pair. Whenever one was at a certain place, you'd know the other was there with them as well.

They were literally glued to each others side.

They were together so much that they expressed the same emotions when the other did.

When one of them was sad or hurt, the other was as well. When one was happy, the other was too. They didn't like seeing the other sad or upset, they'd cheer each other up whenever they felt this way.

Taehyung and Seokjin grew up together. Especially considering they were both only childs.

They met in their kindergarten class playground. They were the only kids who didn't have a friend. When they made eye contact, they waved at each other and smiled.

After that, they hanged out all the time.

They stayed friends over the years.

They were basically soulmates. Each other's other half.

They were always together, until one day.

During the summer, before they were about to enter high school, Seokjin got some bad news.

Seokjin's dad had gotten a job opportunity in Seoul, far from from their home in Daegu. Seokjin's dad knew this was a job opportunity he wasn't going to be able to pass up.

When Seokjin received the news, he ran up stairs to his room and broke down on his bed. He was going to leave his only friend. The friends that has been there for him his whole life. The only person who supported him when his parents couldn't. The only one who promised to never leave his side. But, he was the one who was going to break that promise.

~*~

Taehyung went to Seokjin's house that afternoon. He was worried since Jin hadn't gone to hangout with him all day.

"Hello Mrs.Kim. I was wondering where Jin is?", Tae asked when Mrs.Kim opened the door.

"Hello Taehyungie! Jin has been is his room all day... I think it's best if you try and talk to him." , Mrs.Kim said, smiling weakly.

She had already tried to talk to Jin, but every time she went to try, Jin would have the door locked and wouldn't let her enter. She knew how sad Jin was so she knew Taehyung was the only one who Jin would talk to.

Taehyung nodded and bowed respectfully to Mrs.Kim before going up the stairs to Jin's room.

Taehyung knocked on the door.

sniff "Go away eomma, I don't want to talk to anyone sniff,  please" Jin says in a low voice.

Taehyung bites his lip, his heart clenching at the pain evident in Jin's voice.

"Hey Jinnie...it's me, Tae" he says softly.

There's a silence.

"Jinnie?"

Taehyung hears footsteps coming towards the door. Slowly, the door creaks open, revealing a red, puffy eyed Seokjin.

Taehyung's heart wrenches at the sight of Seokjin being sad.

"T-Taehyungie.."

He stays there for a moment looking at him, before throwing his arms around him. He starts sobbing uncontrollably onto Taehyung's shoulder.

Taehyung hugs him back tightly, his heart breaking while listening to his best friend crying. He rubs on Jin's back comfortingly, trying to get him to calm down.