Isabellas Beginning

"Quickly now," the woman said to her husband as she grabbed the baby carefully from the father's arms. The woman smiled and kissed the baby's pink cheeks.

"You must go now and take Isabella somewhere safe, she mustn't be here when he arrives. Finding her would be the end of us, my dear."

The man frowned and nodded, "No, I can't leave you here on your own."

"Flaud, He will stop at nothing to have our place exchanged for darkness. We must move quickly." The woman held the side of the man's face as she smiled, but it only weakened the heart of the husband. He wanted to trust her and he didn't want to leave but he had no choice. The mother wanted him to choose their newborn child or something that has lasted long enough.

"Trust me, love, once she comes of age and finds her true home, her true family will guide her and protect her." The woman continued, leaning her head on him.

He kissed her forehead and stood up.

They looked into their eyes that could be the last time and spoke softly.

"I love you, Marie."

I love you Flaud."

The backyard lifted with light of burning smoke and flames.

"Hurry!Go!" The woman yelled handing him the child once again.

The man hesitated but quickly ran out of the house, not looking back.

Once he reached the top of the hill, he groaned but looked back and saw his little cottage burn slowly to the wet grass and it sprinkled with rain from above.

"Marie..." He whimpered.

Turning around, he headed to a far town in London.

Reaching a doorstep, he rang the bell, and a woman with red, curly, and tied up hair opened the door. "Flaud? Why are you out in the rain and at this time?"

"Please Mary, I don't have time to explain. Keep Isabella safe. Things have collided so badly, she must be kept away from it all...please."

Mary frowned with fear within the words she heard.

She nodded and took the baby.

"Whatever you and Marie have gotten into...just keep it away from her if you truly know what's best for her."

Flaud understood but with guilt, he left in the cold, pouring down rain.

In the past, Marie and Mary once lived together as sisters. They had two loving parents but the mother was different. She could do things that the townspeople could not do. They all said that she was a witch and must be destroyed for she is a threat to them all. Their father grew angry and hoped to save his wife but for protecting her, He was sentenced to death, along with the mother. The night the mother snuck her children out as the father stayed behind to distract the town, he was killed that morning after they caught him.

For a small house with a wanted paper on the door, the town was desperate to find the mother and her kids. They believed that it was passed down to Maria and Mary, but unfortunately, it only went to Marie, that they knew. Their journey was long and endless. The mother grew tired and weak, always protecting the girls till one day, a mad creature who only thought of his own grief, snatched the mother of the girls, and vanished, leaving them alone in the cold dawn.

They were teenagers, seeking for safety until they found another world, a place not connected to the one they were in. Right in the center of the forest, deep within was another dimension. A kingdom with many small rulers who were ruled by one. Mary could not stay for she was only human. She couldn't defend herself, but she wanted to protect her sister. Some magical creatures helped her build a huge house on top of the portal for soon, one day, this forest could turn into a town but this world would be kept a secret, as long as she lived in that house. Mary knew the danger it is to be revealed of what you were and how things were happening in the other world, she refused to rule next to her strong, brave sister.

Closing the door behind her, a small girl ran up to Mary.

"Mom! What's that?" The young girl peeked over her mother's arms and saw little Isabella."

"Careful now ...Rebecca, this will be your sister."

//My writing skills are not great so hang in there okay? Everything is out of order but since there are 10 books I have to publish, I am a bit rushing and I know I'm not supposed t