Chapter 1

Long ago, well, not really. 20 years ago, a massive war between the 5 major realms of the planet Vognurn, broke out. Each of the realms was a host to an element, except for Ivuria, the power-store of them all. A metropolis of amazing people, of all races and species. The business center of the world. The other four realms grew an envy for Ivuria, each of them wanting more power to their realms. Pastiodell, the industrial realm. All of the people there were factory workers, having a low form of life. They represented fire, but didn't possess any power towards it. The Azure Ocean, clearly the water realm, populated by fishermen, sirens and mermaids. All of which were very vain. In Phopia, the earth realm, a beautiful rainforest with many streams and vibrant flowers. They were dedicated to Botany, and animal husbandry. But craved the power of the mighty earth the most, unable to control the vines and thistles that ran wild. Finally, the Air realm of Psiladas, the scientific paradise. In building perched atop the tallest of mountains and trees, their want for knowledge of the skies above was ruthless.
    As soon as all the realms turned against Ivuria, hungry for their powers, one of the mysterious goddesses that protected the land granted a blessing against the powerless people of the beautiful metropolis. All of the elements. Unborn children of women within Ivuria were to give birth to one of the most extraordinary phenomena of all of Vognurn. Oddities.
Children born with the powers of either Fire, Water, Earth, or Air. They would one day protect Ivuria from all harm. They were seen as valuable jewels of the realm, women honored to call one their child. Eventually, after many families found it hard, or even annoying to raise such a child, some wise scientists of the time established an institution to help educate these children in a safe environment, away from the average children, as to not harm them. They named this institution 'SpiralWood'. By the time all the children had reached age 11, they realized that after puberty hits, the oddity's powers become reckless and hard to control. So they changed the institute into a high school, a private one. About 6 years after that, new students started coming in, the school was large, and very well maintained. It contained over 2,000 students by now. The original students now on their last year. At age 17. This is where the story has brought us, only 3 years after the original students graduated. They are fighting in the war with their stupendous abilities, some even becoming part-time professors at the academy. We will follow along the lives of four very interesting students there, Grey Siccle, Riley Adams, Katie Milla Rose, and Scarlette Lesenta.