Prologue

The Lord looked down from heaven upon His grieving servants still bound to the Earth. His messenger misty Angel, known as Melody during the five plus years she spent on Earth, was home. Her suffering was over, but He knew the suffering of the family she left behind had just begun.

"You promised Cadence you would ease their pain when her daughter came home," the Angel of the Lord reminded Him.

"So I did ... and I will, but pain when strategically applied serves a purpose," the Lord said. "I will not allow it to over whelm or break them, but it will temper each individual it touches. For some it will help to shape who in My service they become."

Lucifer looked down on the family the Lord was watching, looking for an opportunity to thwart the Almighty's plans. He looked towards their child who so recently entered the heavens, the place she thought of as home.

"You can not touch misty Angel. She is mine. Her earthly parents likewise serve me. They are faithful and know their place. When it is their time, they will also join me," the Lord decreed.

"Ah, but their task to spread their faith and vision to the younger generation is not yet finished. Neither is our argument about the ability of a man and woman of differing religions to draw on faith above all else. You claim victory, but their lives have not yet concluded," Lucifer said. "I will not concede you have won the argument until they come home."

"Then you will have to wait," the Lord proclaimed. "My faithful servants, known in the Book of Life as Jalyn and Cadence, and in this their current life as Greg and Susan, have not yet completed their tasks. They have the talents necessary to allow others to find and use the keys my messenger, misty Angel, left behind. I am pleased with their work but there is more for them to do."

"Will you not ease their grief, if not their pain if they are to be left behind?" the Angel of the Lord asked.

The Lord looked down on his grieving servants. His messenger, their daughter, was with Him. After five years of living on the Earth, she'd come home. Her passing was peaceful, surrounded by those on Earth she loved, and for the time being, the prayers of His faithful servants had been answered. They would know grief, but perhaps it could be lessened if they knew her fate.

"Let it be so," the Lord gave the command.

"Will you also bring them home?" the Angel of the Lord asked, seeing the veil was still open and just on the other side stood one of the faithful the Lord and Lucifer had been arguing about.

"Not yet. My message is the same to Lucifer, and to you, and to my Faithful. There is more to be done. Jalyn and Cadence have done well, but there is more to their family than just this one daughter. She is home, ready to once again take her place in the heavens. I have granted her mother the gift of being allowed witness her passing and to hear our conversation concerning her home coming. However, I will release her, back to her life, with this gift: knowing where her daughter has gone."

"Blessed be the favored of the Lord," the angels sang. The newly returned soul sang with them. The soul still bound to the Earth smiled.

The heavenly hosts turned their attention to misty Angel, the spirit newly returned from the Earth, and the Angel of the Lord said,

"You have done well. You have delivered My messages faithfully to those who needed to hear them. You have planted the seeds which others may grow, and in time produce fruit, bringing souls into the service of the Lord."

"Is my Father pleased?" the newly returned soul asked, still in the presence of Azrael who helped those coming from Earth with the transition.

"I am well pleased," the Lord declared. "I know all that you have done. Your work for me has made work to be done by others possible. Your tasks are complete. You have succeeded. You are home."

The Lord turned next to the angel by misty Angel's side. "Azrael, you have done your duty; my daughter is restored to Me."

"Am I allowed to tell my mother goodbye?" misty Angel asked before Azrael turned to leave, allowing the veil to close behind.

"You may," the Lord told her. "But there is no need. She will dream of you often in the days ahead, just as she is now. And she will hear your voice from time to time."

Misty Angel turned and saw the mists forming the veil that separated the Heavens from Earth close behind her, forever separating her life force from the body she had on Earth.

"Bye Momma. I love you."

"I love you too," Cadence said with tears in her eyes.

"I will watch over those you leave behind," the Lord assured Angel.

Misty Angel saw it when her mother's eyes lost focus on her when the veil closed. She turned to the Lord, watching Him too. She saw it when He waved His hand, and while Angel and the rest of the heaven's watched, the Lord's faithful servant on Earth awoke, slowly opening her eyes.

c