[;SECURITY BREACH]

"Jungkook-ah! Jungkook-ah!!!!" Jimin was frantically shaking awake his older brother, terror and panic in his voice as the alarm echoed throughout the corridors. "Jungkook-ah!!! Wake up!! The vault door has been opened!! Someone left! Someone left! Wake up!!!!"

Jungkook dazed, woke up in a panic, staggering to his feet, the deafening sound of the alarms disorientating him. Jimin closed the quarters doors, looking out the window to see what's going on the the hallways. "What's going on?" Jungkook asked, adjusting his glasses.

"Amara said someone's left! The doors are open! The entire vault is filling with radiation from outside!!!!"
Now he understood the severity of the situation, he too started to panic. "Dad? Where's dad?"

"I don't know!! I came straight here from working with Mr. Igle! Jungkook what do we do?!!!!"

He knew as the older brother that he needed to remain calm, that they needed to stay in their quarters until the alarms stopped. "Let's just wait."

Jimin sat down, his feet tapping on the ground, trying to drown out the sound of the alarms.

After what felt like hours, the Vault fell silent, but the ringing in their ears didn't go away. They both jumped as their quarters door slid open, the Overseer and two Vault-Tec guards accompany him.

"Mr. Overseer." They said in unison, worried this unexpected visit had to do with the alarms going off.

"Gentlemen."

He gestured the boys to sit. "When is the last time you seen your father?"

Confused, Jimin shook his head, "I was at work, and Jungkook was sleeping. I last saw him at breakfast this morning."

"Same, I wasn't feeling well, so I went to lay down."

Everyone could feel the tension rising in the room, the seriousness of this visit was now beyond anything the two boys could even comprehend.

"Your father opened the Vault doors, and is now considered a criminal by violating our Laws and putting the entire population at risk."

Stunned. Shocked. Speechless.

Their father opened the Vault doors? He's gone? Why? Why... maybe that's why he was acting nostalgic at breakfast, talking about mom, how his children were living happily, was that his way of saying goodbye? Was it...

"He wouldn't just leave us, would he?" Jimin whispered across the table as the Overseer and his guards left the room.

Jungkook blankly stared ahead...

"Well... apparently he did."