[CAPITAL WASTELAND]

"The place where kids of all ages can enjoy magic and wonder through discovery, excitment to fantasy and exploration ~ ... the place where imagination is not only allowed, but encouraged.... Disneyland, the happiest place in the world."

"Simulation. Complete."

Jimin and Jungkook emerged from the virtual reality simulator pods that contained several simulator utopias that dated back to the pre-world; you could ride a rollercoaster at Disneyland or sit on the beach in Bali. Jungkook's favourite was riding a boat as the sunset over the ocean. He'd always imagined to live in a world so beautiful; full of trees, beaches, and exotic animals...

... but the world they see right now with their own eyes makes that world like something out of a children's book.

"What's ..... happen... ing?!!!" Jimin tried to speak through thick sand and smoke that was nearly suffocating them both as the vault doors closed behind them.

They collapsed onto the pavement, the sand dissipating slowly, an old tattered billboard emerged that read "Vault-Tec Corporation, Revolutionizing safety for an uncertain future."

Once the boys caught their breathe, they staggered to their feet, holding onto each other as their eyes tried to adjust to the light of the surface.

They remained silent, their minds unable to process what they were seeing. It looks exactly like father had said... but worse.

A haze of yellow-green smoke blanketed a scorching barren desert of brick and rock. Homes that once stood in neighbourhoods were now empty shells of burnt wood and rubble. Streets and roads were in ruins or impassable... and they couldn't tell if their nasal passages were burning from the radiation or the stench emitting in the air. There is no flora, grass and bushes are shriveled and have turned a sickly black or yellow in color. The trees are charred and are no more than dead husks, which litter the wasteland as far as the eye can see.

After the initial shock, Jungkook shook his head and started to flip through the gauges of his Pip-Boy, navigating to the Maps section hoping there was a town or village nearby.

"How do we even purify this water?" Jimin was kneel down in front of a tiny stream of a toxic water supply. "We can't drink this."

"We have too." Jungkook set a marker from their location to the nearest settlement called Megaton. "Let's go."

They hiked down a steep hill with their 10mm pistols extended and pointed at the ground, alert and ready if any threats arise.

"How much further?" Their throats burned, lips drying out and chapping over but they had to ration their purified water, taking sips every so often. "2 miles."

It was difficult to see even 40 feet in front of you, faint silhouettes of trees and building were in the distance. "Did you hear that?!?" Jimin pointed his gun in every direction, instantly remembering all of the terrifying stories his father told him of the mutated creatures that now roamed the wasteland.

"Shh..."

They stood in still...

They knew it was an animal approaching... it took slow heavy steps, it could be anything and they didn't know if they had the gun power to kill it.

"Moooooooooooooo."

Jimin and Jungkook jumped aside as a two headed cow slowly walked pass them. "What the fuck is that ...?" And for the first time, Jungkook burst out laughing.

He was laughing hysterically, bent over slapping his knee. Jimin didn't understand what was so funny, he just watched in amusement. "Ahhhhh, this is nuts. This is...

... what the fuck were we thinking?" He continued to walk onward, still laughing.

"Is that it?" Jungkook squinted, looking around trying to find any sign of Megaton.

"Is that?"

"That's a Protectron!!!" Jimin burst out excitedly, he ran up to the rusty stationary robot whose upper body was twisting left and right.

"Welcome to Megaton. Friendliest town around." Jimin giggles, finding it's robotic voice charming.

"Thirsty partner? Try Vic's. Coldest drinks in the Capital Wasteland. Need some grub? Try the Brass Lantern."

A few more twists and the Protectron stalled, "Hey! You over there!"

Jungkook and Jimin looked around, not sure where the voice came from. "Up here!"

A man stood ontop a makeshift bridge, wearing an Old Western Sheriff's duster and hat. "More of ya's comin' out of that Vault?"

Jungkook and Jimin looked at each other, realizing what the man had said, did their father pass through here? The confused expressions they wore had the man walk down the stairs, he stood in front of the large fortified doors of Megaton.

"Staying out of trouble, I hope? Don't want to have to waste good bullets on your sorry hides." His accent was thick, like in the Cowboy and Indian westerns they'd watched in the vault.

"Name's Caleb Simms, town sheriff. And mayor too, when the need arises. What brings you to my beautiful city?"

Jungkook cleared his throat and stood tall, as Sheriff Simms, he didn't want to appear weak, didn't want to look intimidated. "Look at you's clean skin, like you straight outta Tenpenny Tower."

Sheriff Simms spit on the ground, brown tar sinking into the soil, waiting for any kind of response from the boys.

Then Little Jimin spoke up, "W-we're looking for our father... w-we are from V-Vault 6-613."

"I know where ya's froms..."

"How about we go have a drink and talk about this runaway daddy of yours?"

Together with Sheriff Simm's, they walked through the doors of Megaton... unsure of what they were going to find out about their father. Jimin looked back at the Protectron as the doors closed.

"Have yourself a nice visit, partner. The bomb is perfectly safe. We promise."