[WITH LOVE, DAD;:,]

As weeks went by, the atmosphere in the vault was tense. Residents lined up outside the Hospital Wing, worried about the radiation exposure. Jungkook and Jimin has been examined but showed no symptoms.

They worried mostly about their father, where he went, why he left, about why he didn't leave a note or anything. Jungkook could not understand why he would leave them alone, especially after their mothers passing, why leave them as orphans. None of it made sense.

Their evenings consisted of lengthy conversations, there were more questions than answers, they would spend hours going over every detail leading up to that day, and they don't remember anything out of the ordinary. That day continued as every other day had.

Their father was the resident doctor, if he wasn't in their quarters, he was cooped up in the Hospital Wing. He would see himself out every morning after breakfast, Jungkook off to the Engineering Wing, where he shadowed their resident scientists; he hoped to one day take over the Research Department. Jungkook and his father had a great deal in common, now that Jimin was getting older, he too became interested in continuously improving the air and water purification system.

Their mother, a Hydrologist, was sought out by Vault-Tec for her impeccable research on Alternative Water Purification Systems, they believed she would have the answers on what to do with the contaminated water supply on earth if and when the bombs would fall.

Herself, their father and a team of other scientists and doctors created a project dubbed Project Purity; their goal was to provide clean, free water for the Capital Wasteland. However, given her sudden death; the projects fate was shelved, there was no will to continue on without his wife, he vowed to raise his children as best as he could within the concrete walls of Vault 613.

As a way to remind himself and the children of his deceased love, never wanting to forget their life's mission for a better, safe New World; their father would recite a biblical quote, Revelation 21:7, every night before newborn Jimin and toddler Jungkook would fall asleep, "I am Alpha and Omega. The beginning... and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life, freely."

This quote was framed on their fathers desk, they both stared at it, overwhelmed with confusion and a feeling of neglect.

Suddenly, Jungkook grabbed the frame and threw it across the room, glass scattering everywhere. Jimin flinched, concerned with his older brothers anger, he too was upset, they've both been very temperamental since the doors opened.

Residents whispered in the cafeteria, giving side glances at the boys, some speculating the worst, other's feeling sorry for them; people even thought they played a part in the doors opening. They tried their best to continue on with their normal everyday lives but it was difficult.

They wanted answers.

"... What is that?" Glass broke underneath Jimin's feet as he approached the tattered frame on the floor. A small Micro SD chip was tapped to the back of the photograph.

"I've never seen this technology before, Jungkookie."

Jungkook grabbed the SD card, faintly remembering an old pre-world camera tucked away in their mothers belongings.

Little Jimin anxiously sat and watched Jungkook set up the old video camera.

"My sons."

Jimin instantly lowered his head unable to hold back the tears, Jungkook's eyes glossed over, relieved to see his fathers face again, consoling his little bother as the video continued.

"... I will be long out of the Vault by the time you find this video. I am sorry."

"... I never meant to leave you behind, I just needed time to settle things out in the Wastes before coming back for you two. I would think you will be grown men, ready to partake in Project Purity."

"I believed the project was lost after your mother's passing, but I got word weeks ago that it never stopped. The team had continued going, there were many failures, yes, but they think they have the answer to purify all of the Capital Wastelands water supply!"

"I couldn't help from within these walls, I know your mother would want to see the world and it's remaining people with clean, fresh, potable water. Oh, you have no idea what's outside of those doors. It's dangerous. That is why I left you behind. You weren't ready for the Wasteland, I've been out here, I know what it's like, and it isn't safe."

"Please, my sons, do not come looking for me. I will be back for you. That I do promise."

"I love you both very much."