Recipe 1

|A/N POV|

|A/N POV|

"Y/N! Come help me harvest these tomatoes!"

"I'm coming Mum!"

Small little legs stumble up the mountain, as they make their way to the source of the shouting. Stumbling over small branches, rocks, a trowel and a small half empty bag of fertilizer. But Y/N continued to trudge, it was a difficult journey for a five year old. 

Y/N finally arrived to a tomato field next to a small creek, sitting near the creek was a woman who looked to be in her late 20's. She wore a pair of overalls with a grey and white striped shirt underneath, a big sun hat, boots and a pair of gloves. The five year old watched, as their mum harvests the ripe tomatoes and places them in a basket. She dangles it under a handmade metal stand and ties a knot around the pole, so when she lets go, it stays in place while still swimming in the creek.

Y/N stares in awe, to a five year old, the things their mothers do are simply amazing, almost surreal. Y/N always strived to be like their mum, like all normal children, they always want to be the person their mum is and what they love. The thing that Y/N loved was her cooking, she was constantly cooking, it was the only thing that kept them going. The well-known Hyanglo Diner wouldn't have existed if it weren't for Y/N's mum. It was a dream for Y/N to then take charge of the small food joint and to become the best chef in the world. 

How humorous.

It is only wished by small-minded people. Oh how small minded Y/N was, to not have thought such a dream could have been chopped and diced into small edible pieces. By the age of seven, Y/N's only goal in life was to show the world that cooking can be done by anyone, using determination and confidence, those with passions for cooking and put their blood sweat and tears into their dishes.

By the age of twelve, Y/N began to cook at her school's cafeteria, topping the marks in culinary arts. Y/N started to help their mum at the food joint. Learning many techniques from the woman herself, and learning the mentality of a chef, the creativity and freedom a chef should have. This helped to broaden Y/N's curiosity as they discovered more and more ingredients.

By the age of fifteen, Y/N became an iconic figure in the secluded town, Y/N was known for their outstanding culinary skills and amazing dishes, it fought against neighboring towns and cities for the restaurant's land. The other day, Y/N had frightened of a bunch of agents trying to build a hotel in the vicinity, Y/N gave the agents some fake roast pork and restored the restaurant, so today is quite peaceful. Peaceful as it can get...

|Y/N POV|

Picky eaters are the worst. No offence to those who are, but it really frustrates me that you won't eat a certain ingredient of a dish just because you 'don't like it', it's a really lame excuse. The whole point of adding certain ingredients is to enhance flavors or add texture. 

I continue to caramelise the shallots, and add diced onions into the frying pan. The sizzling and crispy texture of the shallots and onions make my stomach grumble. They have to go to the customers, I have to resist my urges to eat them off the frying pan, and also, i'm going to burn my fingers and tongue so no.

Just as I go back to cooking, the ding of a bell echoes through the restaurant with the sounds of eating, sizzling and laughter. I poke my head out to see who the customer was, and I regret it immediately. An old, sagging woman, who looks as if she is about to visit her death bed, strolls in with her two henchmen. Her clothes and jewellery blind me and i think the bodyguards too, considering they're both wearing sunglasses indoors. Just by looking at this dried sultana I knew exactly who she was, even with all the light reflecting of her everything.

A picky eater.

My mum rushes to the wrinkly, bitchy dinosaur and welcomes her, asking me to finish cooking the bulgogi. 

Today is going to be a long day.

The GIF is a scene from Totoro, one of my favorite movies! I recommend it, actually, I recommend all Studio Ghibli movies...

If I don't gain anymore assignments at school, then this might become a weekly update! (Don't get excited though, cuz school is a bitch and won't leave me alone 😒)

Edit: OMG HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY TO NAMJOON HE DESERVES THE ENTIRE WORLD AND THEIR ENTIRE SUPPLY OF KOALAS, CUDDLES AND BONSAI TREES.

Please also vote and comment me anything because this fanfic relies on feedback!

Chef Kiss Mwah!

-A/N