Chapter 7: The Demonstration

A/N: GUESS WHO'S BACK!? Now that I've finished my Mako series, I can finally work on this! I've got a few chapters written already, and will post them once a week if I can. Anyway, enjoy the chapter!

 It took us some time, but we eventually met up with Charles and Hank outside the white house.

"What took you so long?" Hank asked us.

"Minor sidetrack." I tell them, "Nothing to worry about. That and having to explain everything again."

Janos then looks towards Charles and watches him for a moment. "Hold on, I think I do recognize you." He says, "Wasn't he the telepath Shaw used to tell us about?" He then asks me.

"We have bigger issues than that right now." Charles says, and the group of us proceed towards the event, where there are guards waiting with metal detectors. Charles lead, with Hank pushing his wheelchair, then me, Janos, and Logan.

"Can I see your invitations please?" One guard asked.

"Yes, you may." Charles says, using his power on the guard. "These four are with me."

"Go ahead." The guard responds, falling for the trick and letting us through.

We continued on until we found a spot to hide in the crowd, but still keep searching. Charles was going through everyone's thoughts, while the rest of us tried to scan the crowd. How do you find someone who can look like anyone? Bring a telepath.

"I haven't found her yet, but she's got to be here." Charles says after a quick moment, then resumed his search.

The rest of us watched in silence as music played and President Nixon took the stage and began his speech.

"My fellow Americans... today we face the gravest threat in our history...mutants. We have prepared for this threat. In the immortal words of Robert Oppenheimer... 'Behold. The world will never be the same again.'"

He gestured behind him where the backdrop fell, revealing large, mechanical machines. The Sentinels. Music began to play again and the crowd cheered while we watched in horror, seeing them before us.

"Raven?" Charles suddenly asked after a long silence. "I have her. There, you see? Secret Serviceman. Left of the stage."

"Got him." Logan responds.

"Go." Charles orders, and Logan leaves, Hank following.

I then noticed the Sentinels begin to power on. "I think we have a problem." I whisper, and they begin to rise and open fire on the crowd.

There was a mass panic as people ran in every direction, and we did our best to shield ourselves. 'Great.' I thought to myself. 'Just fan freaking tastic.'

"What the Hell is going on?" Janos asked as this was going on, but Charles answered that for us real quick.

"ERIK!"