Chapter Twenty-One

*MIA'S P.O.V*

There's only 1 hour left before Blake's pack comes. I look at my watch anxiously every couple of moments. I expect the big hand to have moved by 15 minutes, but it only moves by 1 minute each time I look.

"Are you nervous?" Blake asks.

I shake my head. "No" I lie. "I know we can take them."

Blake chuckles at me and strokes my cheek. "Next time you should remember to block your thoughts. I can still read your mind" he says huskily.

I roll my eyes. "Nosy much?" I say sarcastically.

"So what? You're my baby girl. Now bend over for me" he whispers. I go red. I still can't believe the bad boy of Raven High is in love with me.

"After you teach me some moves first" I wink.

"Moves?" Blake asks.

"Yeah, y'know. Fight moves. For the battle."

"Fight moves huh. For what? You're not gonna do anything." Blake smirks.

My mouth drops open.

"Hold up, I'm not gonna do anything? Who told you that?" I say angrily.

"I did. You're not risking anything. I can't lose you" Blake says protectively.

I roll my eyes. "In case you've already forgotten, I'm the one who saved YOU." I point out defensively. "I'm not some damsel in distress you have to protect. I can look after myself."

Blake sighs and rubs his temples. "Are we seriously doing this now?" He groans.

"Uh yeah, or are you busy doing nothing?" I say aggressively.

Blake groans again and throws his head back. "You're acting like such a feminist" he mutters.

My blood pressure goes up. "AND THAT'S MEANT TO BE A BAD THING?!" I yell.

"That's not what I said Mia. Be reasonable." Blake replies, annoyed.

"Oh, so not only am I acting like a feminist, as if that's even a bad thing, but now I'm not reasonable? So what am I then? An idiot?' I yell.

"I DIDNT EVEN SAY THAT!" Blake yells back.

"You didn't say it, but you meant to say it" I say back calmly. He can yell all he wants.

"What does that even mean? Can you read minds now? Because I know I can." Blake says.

"So, because you can read my mind, you're better than me? Is that why you're mentioning it?"

Who does this guy think he is?

"But I didn't even say that!" Blake shrieks.

"JUST BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T SAY IT DOESN'T MEAN THAT'S NOT WHAT YOU MEANT!" I yell back. "Just admit that's what you're thinking! Why are you denying it?" I ask him.

"What are you even doing right now? Are you TRYING to start an argument? We're about to go into battle soon Mia??!" Blake yells again.

My eyes go wide. "WHY WOULD I WANT TO START AN ARGUMENT? Do you think I like arguing? You're so rude!" I shriek.

"I didn't say you like arguing Mia I'm just sayin- you know what, never mind. I don't have time for this." Blake sighs before turning around.

"What? One minor issue and you want to run away? I thought you were a man, Blake. Men don't run away from women."

Blake turns around and looks me in the eyes. "Run away from YOU? I'm standing here so I can try and save you. I love you Mia, why can't you just let this go?"