20.

Syracuse's POV

The next day was kinda awkward.

The Slytherins adored me, so sneaking out of Snape's bedroom while he was sleeping wasn't hard.

It was the walk to breakfast that raised a few eyebrows.

Last night had taken an unexpected turn.

I had decided to wear my afro out today and I had a noticeable limp.

I'll let you decide what raised everyone's eyebrows.

I sat down next to Minerva with a visible wince.

"Are you ok?" She frowned.

Bless her and her maternal instincts.

"Yeah. Why?"

"You're limping."

"Uh. I fell yesterday. Just a little sore."

"Oh. You should ask Poppy for some medicine..... or Severus."

I turned beet red and immediately started shoveling food down my throat in an attempt to end the possible discussion of Severus.

"So. Syracuse."

I looked up at Albus. "Mmm?"

He gave me a knowing look. "Tell me more about this fall."

"Uh. Well. Um. It wasn't anything exciting."

"But you're limping."

"Yeah."

"So...."

"Um..." I started to sweat.

How can I not tell Albus that Severus decided to pulverize my poor little hole?

I'll let you decide which hole, dear readers.

"Good morning you two."

"Ah! Severus!" Albus perked up. "You got here just in time."

"Nice hair, Syra."

You're the reason I'm even wearing it out, idiot.

I avoided his gaze. "Thanks....." I still hadn't decided on a nickname, so my brain kinda farted when I realized he had given me one.

"Syra?" Albus wiggled his eyebrows. "Since when did Syracuse Snape become Syra?"

I choked on my food and Severus softly patted my back.

I pouted. "Stop teasing me."

He chuckled. "Well just tell us how you fell."

I stiffened. "..."

"You what?" Severus muttered as he sat down next to me, giving me a once over before refocusing on the headmaster.

"Syracuse here was going to tell us how she fell and got her limp just before you arrived."

"Oh?" He looked at me. His face seemed blank as usual, but his eyes were as bright as hellfire.

This man right here was going to be the death of me.

Well. Two can play at this game.

"Well." I started before grinning and turning to face Minerva, Albus, Hagrid, and Flitwick, who were now all paying attention. "I fell on Severus' di-" A hand slapped over my mouth and every one else turned bright red.

"Desk." Severus tightened his hold on me. "My desk. Like an idiot." He looked down at me with a sinister sparkle in his eyes. "Right Syracuse?" He lowered his hand for me to speak.