Chapter 7: Round 1

The following day...

Sam's POV:

This is it. The day of the first round. Me and Rebecca were announced to be against the group known as the Watchdogs. They are the guys from last night's party, but this time I will get to meet their fourth member. Later tonight will be the show so me and Rebecca practised most of the day. Now we are just sitting and watching TV when all of a sudden someone knocked on the door. I stood up and opened and I was met with an angry expressed Kai'Sa. 

"Can we talk?" I felt a bit confused as to what I have probably done to piss her off so I stepped out of the apartment and closed the door behind me.

"Sure.? What is it?" I asked.

"Someone has sliced into my laptop and has stolen some pictures." I cut her off.

"You think it's me?" I asked 

"No, I need someone to help me find out who it was." She said. I am still confused as to why she would ask me.

"I don't think I am...." I was cut off by her.

"Look, you may think you are not good for the job, but you are wrong. I just want you to look around and tell me if you find out something about this. Capiche?" She said in an angry tone.

"Okay," I said with my voice cracking.

She left afterwards and I felt relieved. I went back inside and was met with a smirking Rebecca.

"How do you possibly think you are gonna be able to help?" She asked me.

"I am not sure, but if I find something out, I will let her know." I told her. I had no idea what to do, but I am sure I will figure something out. 

Anyways, me and Rebecca had to prepare ourselves cuz the bus would have arrived later. Me and her started packing our stuff and after a few minutes, we were outside with the others waiting for the bus. I remembered cuz me and Rebecca were a duo and most other participants are a group of four people, the judges may require me or Rebecca to sing a song on our so we can gather enough points against the other team. I was hoping for me to get chosen most of the time cuz I worry Rebecca might not be able to last a whole song on her own. Its been a while since I have singed in front of many people, but I shouldn't let that stop me nor my shy shell. I will get out on the stage and I will make a show for the public. 

I noticed Markus arguing with his friend Zach not far from us. I walked over to see what's going on.

"You have no right to do this Mark!" The sentence wasn't very clear as I was approaching them, but it was the last thing I heard before they realized I was coming and quickly walked off from each other. I followed Zach to ask him what is going on.

"Zach, what's going on man?" I asked him and he turned around to face me. 

"Nothing, just Markus did something dumb." My suspicion started to grow.

"Like what?" I asked

"If I tell you, will you please don't tell the K/DA about it?" He seemed to both be disagreeing about Markus, but at the same time, he defended him. Well, I wouldn't wanna piss any of them off so I can understand. 

"Ok, I won't." I said. I wasn't gonna say anything, but Markus needed to face the consequences of his actions and I knew one way of how to do that. 

"He stole some stuff off Kai'Sa's laptop last night." I tried to react like I hear this for the first time. 

"What?! But why?!" I think I did well with my acting.

"I don't know. He tries to deny, but I saw how he was downloading the pics on his phone last night, but I didn't want to say anything. I tried to talk to him during breakfast but he ignored me." Zach really was telling the truth. That was easier than I thought, but I should tell Kai'Sa, but then Zach will feel betrayed cuz I told her. I won't tell her, but rather show him who he really is on the stage.