Chapter 9: Round Two

A few days later...

Sam's POV: 

Today is the day for the second round. We were already there at the stadium waiting alongside Rebecca. We were against a group known as the Rippers, this round was the round on which Rebecca should be singing her own song. Yeah, you heard me right, she will sing her own song. Now I have no idea how well Ahri helped Rebecca with her treatment, but from seeing Rebecca's smile I think it went well. 

This whole week has been crazy. I actually started getting more talkative to Akali and I think me and her became really good friends. It has been interesting the last few days. It was mostly me watching her draw here and there and then reflect on what she was drawing. Today me and her will do the same thing, but first we need to get done with this round. The K/DA already went out and of course, they won and moved to the last round. Now, this match will decide who will be the team to face off against K/DA on the finals. Me and Rebecca will, no one else. 

And here they came, the Rippers. We didn't really get a chance to meet them personally. The reason for this was that these guys are surrounded in mystery. I don't really get what is the deal with these guys. They don't do private meetings nor speak with the public as much, but I know for one thing that they are amazing. They won't be easy to beat. Their group consisted of 1 singer, 1 drummer, and 2 guitar players. All of them were wearing hoodies on and it was hard to see their faces. They weren't even using their real names, their names were Fire, Smoke, Dust, and Walker. I don't really get the idea with those nicknames, but I like them. They walked up on the stage, ready to begin...

My jaw dropped. Those guitar skills and the lyrics made me fear if we even were gonna win. When I looked at Rebecca however, she had that evil smirk on her face. 

"What's the smirk for?" I asked.

"We are winning this." She said pretty confidently.

"Okay then. How?" I asked.

"You will see. I will show them a real song." She said. 

"What's the strategy?" I asked.

She gave me her notebook and opened it on a song she has been working for a while. 

"You sure you wanna play a background role like that?" I asked.

"Do you want to see what I can really do?" She asked in return.

"Yeah." I replied.

"Then let me save my voice for my turn." She said.

"Alright. That's a huge risk, however. Do you think we can do this?" I asked.

"Yes, we can bro." She said.

I noded and all the fear faded away as we stepped up on the stage. Before I could climb the stairs I looked back to see if the K/DA were watching, but they were gone. I guess they were in the public or something.

Rebecca's POV: 

I and Sam climbed the stairs on to the stage and faced the public. My attention, however, was quickly focused on Sam. He was worried, but he was ready to follow my lead on this one. Since I asked Ahri for help, we have been meeting on a daily bases about it. Her magic truly fixed it, I hope. I trust her, we became close friends. I didn't tell her about Sam's crush however even tho she did ask me about it. I denied the possibility, I will keep his secret. 

Anyways, the crowd was ready and so are we...