In case you needed a refresher...

I realise it's been a long time since the end of Titans, so here's a quick recap:

In darkness we meet our main characters, who have awakened with no memory of anything except their own names. Merc bumps into Atara, and Lilith is crumpled by Cal who awoke falling from an unknown point in the sky. Cal and Lilith spot figures in the distance, and Lilith, startled and operating on muscle-memory, reaches for the gun at her hip. She shoots Atara, and punches Merc, and then Merc finds a remote in his pocket which calls a spaceship down from orbit.

Merc turns out to be a skilled medic and saves Atara's life. They find belongings on the spaceship and realise the Hermes Starship is theirs. Then the world explodes around them, light flashing and earth shaking. They realise it was caused by the birth of a star -- the world's first, it would seem. Cal concludes that they must be at the beginning of the universe.

A second star is born, which causes their ship to sink into a ridge and get stuck there. The group realises they're actually at the beginning of the stelliferous era, which is when matter started to form stars and planets, and Cal devises a plan to get the Hermes out of the ridge. During the birth of the next explosion, they fly the ship out of danger, with Atara at the helm.

Later there's another explosion and they look down at the planet to see it's being torn apart. Meanwhile, Atara is starting to remember fragments of her past, and Cal discovers a stack of files in one of the labs with information on a series of missions undertaken by a United Space Organisation, one of which is written by a Dr. Carrie Brown. He realises they're in a parallel universe, connected to the normal universe by a space-time rift. They have a way to get home.

Another explosion at last destroys the planet and they fly on to the portal. A strange feeling comes over Lilith after talking to Atara, which she believes Atara is at fault for. Atara destroys one of the spaceships labs, and claims she did it without using her hands. Lilith thinks she's unnatural; alien. Merc thinks she's sick and needs help. Cal makes a speech that gets them to all stop arguing, but reveals later that he doesn't trust Atara anymore than Lilith does.

The hour comes and they fly back through the portal, except they don't make it out the other side and hang suspended in timeless darkness. After a while, the power goes out. Cal collapses to the floor with a blinding headache, then it comes over Lilith, too. Together they stumble to the control room, and find Merc in a similar state. But Atara seems unaffected, and what's more, her eyes are white and glowing. When the pain subsides, Atara reveals that she's just returned all their memories to them and then proceeds to fill in the gaps, explaining how they lost their memories in the first place.

In a series of flashbacks, we learn that Atara, Merc, Cal and Lilith embarked unauthorised on a mission, one they'd trained for all their lives but had been taken off the crew for last-minute. After passing through the portal to the parallel universe, strange things started happening to others around Atara. At one point, Lilith was nearly suffocated by a dark, toxic gas, and at another she was almost crushed beneath falling ceiling panels. 

Lilith realised Atara had been toying with them and erasing their memories, and set out to confront her. Atara fled to the control room and had Cal lock the doors in time for landing on the base planet. Cal let Lilith and Merc in the control room, and Atara escaped off the ship in the resultant chaos.

In an attempt to keep Lilith away from Atara, and while Merc went off in search for her on the ground, Cal brought the Hermes back up into the air. But Lilith jumped off the ramp, leaving Cal alone and unable to help in a quickly ascending ship. In order to keep the ship safe from any stray gunfire, Cal jumped after her.

Meanwhile on the ground, Atara was running from Lilith. She ducked around gunfire and realised Lilith was shooting at her. A final gunshot awoke an alien energy within Atara, and it shot outwards, healing injuries, repairing damage, and erasing memories.

Back on board the Hermes, the group resolves to keep Atara's alien powers a secret and reports for landing on Earth, ready to face whatever awaits them.