Part 8

Deathblade sighted the cyborg as it moved swiftly through the gathering and snatched the briefcase containing the Blutonium. Immediately he darted towards the figure as it tried to escape. The Heaven's guards also saw what was happening as the scene unfold. They immediately brought out their guns and were about to shoot when a missile from nowhere hit the building. The impact sent Deathblade flying, hitting a wall and falling to the ground. Screams of men and women were heard, and Deathblade stood up with great difficulty as he was wounded from the blast. His disguise was gone, allowing the remaining guards to conclude that he was one of them, and they immediately opened fire. Deathblade ducked and ran like a coward, not wanting to hurt the guards and also cause serious issues to San Francisco. He didn't have time to get back to me as he was hotly pursued by the guards, who were determined to make sure he was captured and brought in for trial.
     Fred arrived there and stood shocked. Many of those who attended the occasion had serious wounds that needed immediate medical attention. Women cried and walked with great difficulty. Men, even with the scars of the wounds on their faces, stood and looked around, disappointed at this drama. What was suppose to be marking a life-changing history was made history. It was clear that someone wanted this to happen, and boy did they succeed.
     But Fred wasn't concerned about the situation on ground. He was looking for me, still hoping to have another lovely kiss. The kiss made him all the more determined to find me, but there were already policemen who had the building in their custody. This meant that there had to be another way of getting in, and Fred wanted to utilize every opportunity just to have another kiss. How pathetic.
     Fred foolishly tried to by-pass the cops, which obviously proved abortive as they refused to allow him pass. Yet he was desperate to get in, and when one of the cops saw that Fred was unwilling to listen, he decided to hit Fred with his gun. Just as the cop was about to strike, Deathblade furiously rushed out of the building, being hotly pursed by his pursuers. He jumped so high that he flew over the cop, took his gun, kicked the cop back and ran like a madman. He knocked down a biker and stole his bike, speeding off as fast as he could. The guards immediately jumped into their vans and continued the pursuit. Fred came to his senses and rushed back to his car. He jumped in and drove his car, taking an entirely different direction.
     Deathblade was in a serious car chase, dodging several cars and shooting his pursuers. Heaven's guards weren't going to let Deathblade escape, and he knew that getting captured by these people would mean endangering the Daredevil Squad. Seeing that there was no other option, Deathblade decided to turn offensive towards his pursuers. He looked back and counted 5 vehicles on his tail. He shoot the headlights of one of them, with the airbag blinding the driver in the process. The vehicle also collided with one of the other cars, and the duo crashed together. Two down, three to go.
     Deathblade noticed a stationary tanker at the corner of his eye. He immediately drove pass the tanker and shot its fuel tank, resulting in a massive explosion. One of the drivers was close to his tail until the tanker exploded, and being blinded by the flames, he crashed into a nearby store. Three down, two to go.
     The remaining two were shooting at Deathblade. He ran out of ammo and dodged the bullets that were trying to harm him. He desperately searched for a way to get rid of them, and somehow, he perceived a plan which he felt was the best resort. He drove faster, knowing that time wasn't his friend at the moment. His pursuers also increased their speed, making sure not to lose sight of him. Then, as soon as Deathblade passed the train tracks, he sighed, did the finger at his pursuers, and smiled as he heard the roars of one of the fastest trains in the world, destroying the cars and sending pieces of them in the air.
     Deathblade continued driving, pleased as he outsmarted the drivers. But as he passed a corner, a car hit him and sent him flying in the air, hitting hard on the ground. Groaning in pain, he waited for some men to bundle him away. But surprisingly, Fred's rat face appeared. Fred carried him back in the car, placed him in the passenger's seat, and took to the road without causing any suspicion. Fred discovered that Deathblade was bleeding, and he drove faster in order to get to their hideout safely without getting spotted.
***
     In a building stood a man watching the drama with his phone, all thanks to his satellite which picked up Deathblade's movements while trying to escape from the guards. He smiled and waited until the cyborg arrived.
     " Nice work Cheetah", he commented," Now get Serpent Barnes for me. We have some pals that need to pay for the death of Mordeicai and Morrison".