Chapter 1

It was chaos outside. Men were scattered everywhere through man-made trenches that surrounded the enemy compound. Mortars had been going off like clockwork since early morning. The troops had been pinned down over night by a small battalion of enemy forces. It was a stalemate. Their only hope now lied deep within the nearby enemy headquarters and a Miss Francesca Valentine.

Miss Valentine had been on the inside for months now, pretending to help the enemy while secretly passing intelligence back to the headquarters of the good guys. Valentine was beautiful and she knew it too. Her skin was sun-kissed. Her lips ruby red. Her legs went on for days. She often used her good looks to seduce information out of soldiers and officers. Today, with her allies closing in, would be no different. She walked down the long corridor towards Colonel Ursus private chambers. She pushed the door open in a seeming panic.

There he stood. The dreaded Col. Ursus. He was tall but it was mostly in his body. His legs always appearing a bit short and stumpy for a man his size. He had a full beard. In fact the colonel was a very hairy man. Valentine ran to him. Col Ursus looked at her and said, "Honey, dinner is ready." Valentine stared blankly at him. "No no. That's not what I said. I said-"

"Baby girl did you hear me? I said dinner was ready." Joe Williams stood in the doorway of the bedroom taking in the scene before him. Army men scattered everywhere; legos littered the floor. A barbie doll and a teddy bear off to the side. "Whats all this" he asked curiously.

"I was playing war, Daddy" replied Sofie Daniels. Sofie was a 22 year old waitress from North Carolina. She was currently trying for a position as manager at the restaurant where she worked. But today was her day off and her day to be her "little" self. Carefree and playful. Enjoying her time with her dom that she affectionately called Daddy, because he was her protector and mentor. He watched out for her and guided her. In his arms, in Daddy's arms, she was safe and the world was right. Today she got to enjoy that and play with her toys that he had bought for her. Her favorite was this old worn down looking teddy bear that they had "rescued" from a second hand shop on their first date. She had named him Doodles because the kid who owned it before her had drawn on him with sharpies, but that just made him better to her because he was unique.

Joe surveyed the scene again. "So who's winning pumpkin?"

"The good guys of course."

"Oh of course. How silly of me. And the barbie doll and teddy bear?"

"That's Francesca Valentine, the fearless and sexy spy," she said pointing to the barbie doll. "And that's Col. Ursus, the big meany head who started this war," she said with an air of puffiness, pointing at the teddy bear.

Joe stared thoughtfully at the battlefield.

"Whatcha thinking, Daddy?"

"I'm afraid to ask but the legos-?"

"Oh those are mortars and such."

Joe put on his best sad face, placed his hand over his heart, and lowered his head. Sofie looked at him confused.

"In honor of the brave plastic army men who died from legos. I too have known their suffering. Every time you leave them out and I step on them in the middle of the night," Joe said.

Sofie gave him a disgruntled look and mumbled something about dinner being ready.

Joe laughed and held out his hand to help Sofie up.

After dinner, Joe put on Cinderella, Sofie's favorite movie. He got a soft blanket, her favorite teddy bear, and her pacifier. Joe knew she would be working a full day tomorrow and wanted her to thoroughly enjoy her night off. Soon they were curled up on the couch and she was humming along to her favorite songs, paci in mouth. By the end of the movie it was 10:30pm. "Right on time," Joe thought. Sofie sat up, still humming "So This Is Love", and looked happily over at her Daddy.

Joe was a 25 year old construction worker with a specialty in carpentry. He had first gotten into BDSM at the age of 20. A friend had introduced him to it and he had found the structure and traditions very appealing. He had met Sofie 2 years ago. She was just blossoming as a little, a sub with childlike tendencies. He made it very clear to her that "Daddy" was a title meant to be earned and that she must not call him that unless she was really ready to submit to him and trust him. Two months later she called him Daddy during a bedtime story. It was one of the happiest moments of Joe's life. Since then he had been her caregiver. Her mentor. Her protector.

"Bedtime little one," said Joe softly.

"But Daddy, I'm not sleepy," pouted Sofie.

"Then I'll read you a bedtime story, but you have a busy day tomorrow and need your sleep."

Sofie slipped into her over-sized Winnie the Pooh t-shirt and climbed into bed. She would sleep in her own room tonight. She preferred it when she had to get up well before dawn for work. Sofie didn't like disturbing her Daddy's sleep. Joe came in and handed her Doodles, which she had left on the couch, and picked out a short story book to read from. She always preferred the stories from Grimm's Fairy Tales and nothing could top Little Red Riding Hood. Joe did his best voices for the various characters and soon Sofie was fast asleep. He kissed her goodnight, turned out the light, and closed the door.