Hell and Back

Previously on Rarest of Us All
"Stay with me"
"Where's Stiles?"
"Lauren, you remember Stiles?"
"Scott are you going to tell her how long she's been out?"
"Scott, Lauren had a stage 5 aneurysm. Nobody in history has had aneurysm that bad."
"Two months"
"I was dead"
"Peter"
"Stiles. Cannon"
______
Lauren's POV
I was the next day which meant I can get the hell out of this depressing hospital. Melissa came and brought me my clothes. A white crop top, blue ripped jeans, and grey vans. She discharged me and apparently Lydia drove my car here so I could have the comfort of my own car. "What are sisters for?" I asked myself as I giggled.
______
At the school
Lauren's POV
"You saw a carousel?" I asked Lydia. "And a big sign that said "Canaan" And people disappearing in clouds of smoke." Lydia explained. "Do you ever have nice dreams?" Malia asked typing in her laptop. "We need to go to Canaan" Lydia said. "I'm not going" I said. "What?" Lydia questioned. "The last time I got involved with the wild hunt, I died to a stage 5 aneurysm. I'm not doing that again" I explained. "It will be helpful if we knew anything about the place. I keep calling the number for City Hall, and no one answers. The only map I can find it on is 30 years old. So far, the only thing I know about Canaan is where it is." Malia said pointing to Canaan on the map. "That's all we need to know." Lydia said grabbing the map. I looked at Malia "no comment. Text me when you're there" Malia nodded as I said shaking my head getting up and leaving the library. I went down the hallway that I had the incident in. Creepily the hallway was empty, complete silence. "Nope" I said and went the other way.
______
Lauren's POV
A couple hours later, my phone dinged. I pulled it out and got a text from Malia.
Malia: Hey, we're here
Lauren: ok good text me if you need help
Malia: got it see you when we get back
Lauren: Alright see you then, love you
Malia: love you too
______
Lauren's POV
"Instead of a conduit, maybe we can find a person to absorb the lightning." Liam said. "I don't even think Kira could do that." Hayden said. "Josh could. He ate electricity." Liam explained. "Josh is dead." Hayden replied "Yeah, but his power didn't die with him." Liam said. "May as well have. We can't get to it." Hayden said. "We don't know that. Not for sure." Liam said. "What are you saying?" Hayden asked. "You know what I'm saying." Liam said. "If you're saying what I think you're saying, you're insane." Hayden said. "I know it's insane. But I need you with me on this" Liam said. I turned toward them and saw them held hands. "When we do this we need someone to control him" Liam said. "Who? He didn't have emotional connection with anyone" Hayden said. "There is one person" he said looking towards me. At this point I stopped looking at them. Then I heard them walking towards me. "Lauren we need your help" Liam said. "Count me in. I'm dying to do something that's dangerous" I said then we walked out.
______
In the tunnels
"Almost there" Liam said as we walked. "Last chance to bail" Hayden said. "I should have bailed before you asked me" I said. "If we're gonna stand a chance, we have to do something drastic." Liam said. "There's drastic and then there's this." Hayden said.
"I know, it's not the perfect plan. But we need the bad part of the plan to make the good part work." Liam explained. "You think she knows it's a bad plan?" Hayden asked. Turning the corner revealing Noshiko. "Anyone would know this is a bad plan.
Which is why I have to ask you one more time, are you sure you don't wanna change your minds?" She said with Kira's sword. "We don't know what else to do. It's like the Ghost Riders are unstoppable." Liam explained. "They are unstoppable. They've been riding the storm and taking souls since long before I was born." She explained. "Yeah, we won't survive them. Not without your help." I said. "Kira entrusted me with her sword while she's with the Skinwalkers.
And now, I'm trusting you because I believe she would want me to. Do not mistake this for me agreeing with your decision." She said. "I understand. Kira just stabbed her sword into the ground." Liam said. "If you want to do this, you'll have to do it yourself." She said. Liam took the sword from her. "Once it's done, whatever happens will be your responsibility." She said. Hayden and I then followed Liam. "Liam, wait!" Hayden yelled. Then he stabbed the sword into the ground. The ground started cracking. Then a hand stuck out of the ground. Theo crawled out of the hole. "Oh my god" I whispered.