Chapter 30

~Lucy's POV~

At the back of the hospital, me and Dontae are still in battle, katana in hand. Panting very heavily that our skin were cuts with blood everywhere and our bodies could start getting tired of all the moving around in this long battle that we've been doing for quite a while. Its really surprising that we're managing to stand so very still and straight up with all the blood, cuts, and heavy breathing. Even this stormy weather is still going crazy in our battle just like we're in some movie or video game.

I need to take him down some how. But he's not an open book like he usually was back then. So, how can I find his weakness..

I kept focus on his movement and his behavior just to be sure if I catch him off guard. But he's very still like he's a statue and glued his eyes on me just to be sure that if I make a move or make a mistake. Which is very annoying..

"..Unforgiving." Dontae had finally spoken after the murder of his wife from so many years.

I was very surprise that he started to speak again after what had happened so long ago. Now he wanted to talk to me again after I told him that I don't want to speak to him after what he did..

"What..did you just say?" I asked him to repeat it again.

"Unforgiving, because I know that you still don't want to talk to me for what had happened years ago. Even though I joined the Unforgotten Killers so I can get to you that I.." Dontae had his eyes down on the ground and he lowered his katana as well, starting to have a pitiful moment.

Is he having the grief of himself that I'll never forgive him? It doesn't matter now because its my chance to take him down!

"And you're right..I'LL NEVER FORGIVE YOU!!" I widened my legs to have a better stance and charged at him full speed ahead then jumped in the air to do a fatal blow.

Dontae came back to reality and blocked my attack with his katana that made a clang sound every time we swing them. I kept swinging mines even harder that he couldn't keep up with my speed. Suddenly, I high knee kicked him under his chin that got him flying backwards and hit to the ground on his back. He tried to get up but I put my foot on his stomach and used my other to kick his weapon off his hands, further away from him. I steadied my weapon between his eyes.

"You're life ends here and now..you mother murderer." I raised my weapon high, ready to kill him in the spot until Michelle ringed on my earpiece.

"Lucy! Don't kill him! Don't kill dad!" Michelle screamed.

"Are you crazy?! He needs to die for what he did to our mom!" I yelled back at her.

"I know that your still upset because he killed mom..but he had a reason that I just now realized from our grandparents." She tries to convince me to believe everything she says.

"Oh yeah? Then what kind of reason is that.." I looked down again seeing that Dontae is reaching in his suit pocket to grab something. I prepared my katana just to be sure if he's pulling out another weapon at me. But instead, its a mini diary. My eyes widened a bit.

"That's..mom's diary. Why do you have that.."

"Its proof and the only way for you to trust me again."

I looked at him and back at the diary as I snatch it from his hand and pierced my weapon on the ground. Opening the diary, I read them with my eyes as if nothing strange here because it mentioned that she's happy to marry a handsome gentleman like Dontae. I rolled my eyes until spotting something that seems off from a couple of pages. My eyes are even wider than before in shock. Mom..wants to kill..me and Michelle.

"She really wants to get rid of both of you," Dontae spoke as he can tell by the expression on my face is in full terror. "because I been giving you both more attention than I give to her. I told her that you two are just kids and needed to be loved just like I did for her before you and Michelle was born. But she wouldn't take that answer..she just wanted me for herself. I wanted a family so bad to be a great dad." His looks away from mines. "That's why I, did it. To protect you both from her trying to kill you and you're sister. If that is still not enough proof..then I understand that you don't want to forgive me.."

I shut the diary and closed my eyes real tight that I can feel tears are coming out. Me of always thinking that Dontae..no..my dad had killed mom because he is like the others. That's what I always thought. But since my judgement and anger have took over my mind that I didn't listen to him, trying so hard to tell me the real truth for way too long. I removed my foot away from his stomach and fell on knees, burst out crying of all the pain, judgement, and anger had held up inside me. Dontae sits up and looks at me with his eyes full of sadness. He came close and slowly wrapped his arms around me, pulled me close to his chests for more comfort. And I let him do that..of feeling the warm and trustful embrace that I haven't felt in so long.

Winner: Lucy (by default)