40. Y'all Ain't Never Gonna Sleep 'Cause Of Me

Marley didn't sleep that night. She sat on the floor where Emalee had collapsed not 24 hours ago, curled into a ball. She was exhausted from crying, but there was no way in hell she was sleeping. 

Sam slept very restlessly, spending more time awake than asleep. He stared at the ceiling, missing Emalee's warmth and slow breathing, the way she'd wriggle around a lot and cuddle into him when she was cold. He turned onto his side.

Dean slept more than Sam, but not any better. His dreams were haunted by all sorts of shit, all of it bad. For the quality of his rest, he might as well have gotten only a couple hours.

Eileen didn't stop. She silently packed a couple duffel bags, hopped in her Audi, and left late at night, heart stone cold.

Cas was still MIA. Of fucking course.

Marley shivered on the floor. What the hell was she gonna do now that Emalee was gone? She'd never thought that Emalee would've been gone way before herself. Well, okay, it was actually a probability, but Marley didn't think it'd actually happen.

There was so much life that had lost its color when Emalee breathed her last breath. Marley was pretty sure that color would never come back.

Boom! That's all, folks. Keep an eye out for the sequel! It'll be on @conrae423 's account, apparently although I'll probably write a version of it ;)

~Love, Kals