0.1

As soon as I woke up with the sound of the alarm, I jumped out of my seat. Using the hammer sound as an alarm bell really worked, but I could have a heart attack soon. Just after I replaced my pajamas with something winter, I put the shoe box in my bag that I packed up last night when I came home. I poured my filter coffee into the cardboard cup and left the house. I've been a victim of public transport since I lost my driving license for four years. Fortunately, it takes me an hour to get to the company building. While waiting for the subway, I took a last sip of my coffee and threw the box in the trash. Within half an hour I landed at the Manhattan City Hall stop. Just before entering the tall building on the crowded street, I stopped by the tiny shop where my operator was and bought a new line in a short time and took care of blocking the number. When Jordan said it was a five-minute process, I felt like a new-born baby meeting with the technology, but I finally had the key to get to Miss Loreen. I looked like a crack agent! That's probably why Jordan's weird looks are because - normally - I'd stop by there for my broken charger once a month. When I got to the building, although I knew he knew me, I showed my company card to Steven by hand, and as I entered, I got into the elevator and pressed the floor button where my office was located, which meant the ninth floor that's going over my fear of height. The first thing I did when the elevator stopped was to turn left and head towards Ruby's office, otherwise I had no doubts that I would be fired the next morning if I was any more late to do it because Ruby would act like an impatient bitch when it comes to branded stuff. Although, thanks to Miss Loreen's errands, she must have already specialized at that. "Good morning," I entered and her eyes flashed as soon as she saw me.
"Good morning. Will you?" She pointed to the tiny sandwiches on the tray in front of her. She understood why I came because it was quite contrary to her principles to share her food with someone. So instead of putting her in trouble, I just decided to smile. I said, "Your shoe," I took the shoe box out of my bag and left it on her desk full of post-it notes and some makeup. "Oh thank you, honey," she said and pulled the box in front of herself, then looked up at me in anticipation, raising one eyebrow in the air, "is there anything else?" That must have meant a question which was whether there were any specials with it or not, but if I sacrificed my heels more, I would have to come to work with my sneakers, which was the last thing Miss Loreen wanted to see.
"That's all," I hung my bag on my shoulder, "anyway, see you later," as soon as I said, I turned around and snuck out of the office, otherwise I wouldn't have made it from that cute little panda look she always would do, and I couldn't stand it. When I returned to my office I threw my bag aside and left my phone on my desk. I entered my message box and looked at the screen for a while. I could never do it again if I didn't send it now. After all, she wouldn't know who I was, so I could call her whatever I wanted, couldn't I? I took a deep breath. It was annoying that she was such a creepy woman, but I didn't want to lose my job and spend the rest of my life fighting with ropes in the tailor shop like my sister Naomi. So I didn't wait any longer and sent the message.
Me: Hello
What kind of bullshit was that? I should also have introduced a product sale campaign or something! Why couldn't I be more sincere? She didn't even know me. I mean, you know, I was playing a little mystery. Ten minutes have passed and I have read the old issues of the magazine in the process to try to generate ideas about the page. When I thought she wasn't going to answer, I got a message on my phone.
Rai Loreen: Who are you?
Oh, Loreen, no one would tell you their identity from a blocked number!
Me: pizza or hamburger?
What? I never implied I was good at messaging!
Rai Loreen: Excuse me?
Why was she apologizing now? I really forgot you were a strange woman.
Me: you're supposed to answer my question
Rai Loreen: Neither
Rai Loreen: I'm a vegetarian
Oh, all right. At least she answered.
Me: okay then
Me: spaghetti or noodles
Rai Loreen: noodle
Rai Loreen: hey wait a minute
Rai Loreen: Who are you and why are you asking me strange survey questions
Really, what was my problem? I thought about a good answer while sipping the filter coffee standing in front of me.
Me: You are a member of the lonely ladies package, miss
Me: I can reach you with a blocked number due to the procedure
What the hell was I talking about again?
Rai Loreen: mind your business
Great, now I'm standing in front of an angry magazine manager. If I went over it, I'd really lose my chance to talk. I was hoping as if there were more! Feeling stressed I put my phone in my pocket and pulled away the hair falling in front of my eyes. I was really screwed up at this, and I didn't know how to fix it. Although I wanted to pick up my phone again, I continued to shuffle the magazines, and although I didn't believe much, I wished I could get through this. Later in the day I ordered myself two plates of noodles - because I'd been craving it badly thanks to Ms. Loreen - and I read almost every edition of the magazine. However, the muse never stopped by and I guess I have to drink unicorn milk or something to write a good article about it.

It was evening. Even Ruby left her office and put on her coat as if she was preparing to go out. "Hey, why are you still here?" Then she turned to me with an astonished look. "I'm trying to compile that damn page by forcing my imagination to do better," I groaned tiredly. She stared at me for a while. "You can go and talk to Miss Loreen, you know? Like, maybe you can start with a plate of noodles that's already ready." She blinked at me and left me alone with my thoughts getting into the elevator. She was right! What was I waiting for? Miss Loreen would never leave her office and was probably either renewing her manicure or looking through Chanel's new season catalog.

I stood up as I took the plastic plate filled with vegetable noodles in soy sauce. I was sure she would take what I had in my hand, even if she was going to scold me to get me out of her room, which was enough for a good impression. Maybe I'd try again later. Well, I just buried this phone perversion nonsense anyway. I hung my bag over my shoulder and left my office. As I walked down the long corridor on the dimly lit floor to Ms. Loreen's room, I took a deep breath. I waited a while before I knocked on the door. "Come in," she called from the inside. As soon as I heard her soft voice, I shuddered. Miss Loreen was both admirable and frightening. When I walked in, I found her lying on a velvet chair, reading a magazine. She was wearing one of her usual expensive clothes and she'd taken off her stilettos. Her legs were wrapped in a transparent pantyhose. "What happened, Kitty?" she said in a reckless voice, when she noticed me.

"Well, I brought you noddle," I said, biting my lip. That just deserved the most ridiculous dialogue award, but I just won it when I was texting her. I added, "I mean, you must have been hungry. I wasn't going to eat."
"Great, leave it on my desk, please. Thank you, Kit-Kit," she said, looking away from the magazine and focused on my blue eyes with anticipation. Oh, my God, she just gave me a nickname! I shouldn't exaggerate this; she used to call everyone a nickname here but it was something new to me. Like I said, I didn't really stand out. I left the plate on the table, reluctantly. "You know, I'm working on that page," I said as I walked slowly to the door.

"Yes, write something good," she smiled in a cuddly manner. This should have been the 'you know what will happen if you fail' smile.
"That's exactly why I wanted to take an idea from you-
"I hate people who are not original," she interrupted, then threw into her mouth one of the tiny chocolates on the coffee table next to her, "if I am going to teach you how to write, that means I gave the job to the wrong person."

I think I'd better start writing my resignation petition. I couldn't do anything but shake my head and left the room.